Welcome to the new forum

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi, put a deposit down for a Maverick with the Infinity Pack, wondering about having passenger pegs and updated spring for the occasional passenger but don’t want to spoil the solo set up, any experience or opinions on this welcome. Cheers, Mike.

Pieman

I ordered pillion pegs for my Spitfire Blackout. BUT a note of caution, whilst they look good and work, when I got the V5C from DVLA, it has only been registered by CCM/DVLA as a solo motorcycle. I insured it to carry pillion but now reluctant to do so (May not be covered in the event of an incident).
    Additionally when the bike arrived it turns out it’s only got a user payload of 150kgs inc rider, so pretty much rules out carrying anybody anyway.
    I have bought this up with CCM but got no response regarding registration matters.
    I was told I could upgrade the shock, but advised to leave until first service.
    It’s pretty firm already tho so May just keep the bike for solo and use another for pillion riding.
    All that said, you won’t be disappointed, lovely to look at and ride. Love my CCM

Mike

Thanks for your information and opinion Pieman, I decided to keep my Yamaha MT09 SP too as it’s just too nice to sell yet, it’s also ideal for a pillion so I have been thinking of keeping it as a solo bike, Billy Clews did say that it was a much better to make my decision before the bike is built, probably for the reasons you state, thanks, Mike.

Welcome to Gill and Gav! The Bobber is a favourite of mine and I’m sure you’ll be very happy with your choice.

Gav Astill

Hi Pieman, by ‘solo motorcycle’ the DVLA mean that it hasn’t got a sidecar. It’s nothing to do with a pillion. Hope that helps

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Gav Astill.
    Pieman

Gav, sent you pm, but I’ve dug out both Bandit and CCM V5C and S.1 says number of seats including driver, Bandit says 2, CCM says 1.
    I hope somebody from CCM can respond to this as it could have serious implications in the event of a collision where a pillion is present and injured.
    I do question how it can have a dual seat, cost £400 for pillion pegs and then not be fit or legal to carry one.

Bountard

Hello,
    I introduce myself, with my froggy english.
    I live on the West Coast of France, in Bretagne, not far from England…just a few hours by swimming.
    I’m glad to join you and I will be happier when I will order my CCM. Maybe the 50th anniversary…
    I will read your comments to make me hungry the time to wait my futur bike.
    Good to read you.
    Bye bye

Bienvenue Mountard!

Happy new year!
    Rather than try to explain away why the bike is legally enabled to carry a passenger, I will speak with our DVLA inspector when he/she arrives next and report back.

Pieman

John I would appreciate that. I love the CCM and the experience and being part of the family. That to me is the only issue in the way now.
    My current line of thinking is I paid a lot of money for pegs I can’t use, or CCM/DVLA messed up a bit with registering. But if it can be resolved, I will be a happy bunny again.
    Now if you can just do something about the weather….😂

Afternoon.
    Can you email me with your VIN and I will check the MSVA certificate for your bike which should show whether it was designated as a single or two person bike – [email protected]

Mike

Hi I have a blackout No. 112 which is great fun.
    I would like to raise the bars as they are a bit low for my comfortable riding position, I see you sell the RAISED BARS
    Part No. 140065.
    would these work on this model ?
    also how much notice do you need for first service?
    Reagrds
    Mike

Hi Mike

Pretty sure the bars will work for you but will double check and revert.

Regarding servicing, it depends whether you require a visit to your home or at the factory.

Morning Mike
    I’ve been advised that due to the the length of existing cables & brake lines, raising the bars is an issue. To make a real difference, you would need to replace these items along with bars/ riders etc….

Foggy 1

Hello again John I mailed you ages ago about some sort of baffle for my foggy flat tracker I didn’t see you at show but spoke to someone else about it anyway no Joy so I went and sorted a baffle out for it and it no longer wakes the dead happy days morale of the story if you want something doing do it your self much nicer to ride now and I fitted a Monza fuel cap so it looks better to maybe I’ll keep it after all cheers John sorry just felt like a bit of a moan grumpy old man and all that

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.