Welcome to the new forum

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hey Sswinno I had the same problem with my bobber, I couldn’t gear down. I adjusted the gear level and now it’s fine.

AlWorth

Best gearbox I have, Triumph, Sportster, Norton! Even with a gammy foot.

haydenvn

Hello from sunny wirral. Just bought a gp450 s in lovely condition to share a crowded garage including a triumph scrambler 1200xe, yamaha gts1000 and several ducatis. The plan was to have a winter bike to use in wales and locally but now i have it and started tidying it up ,it looks a good one. The clutch rattles a bit but goes when the clutch is pulled and sifting though the internet to see if this in normal. it has only done 9050 miles and been serviced by ccm. Also not used to a bike with such a high tick over.

Tweet

Hi, I’m Tweet, currently have a 1999 604es bought in 2001, Plus a few other off road and classics. I am considering buying a blackout as a 70th Birthday present for myself. Any information gladly received. Cheers

Welcome Tweet!
    I’ve ridden the Blackout a couple of times now and I really enjoy it.
    It’s a great all-round bike for pootling around, having fun in the twisties and even doing a bit of green laning too.
    The engine of the Spitfire range is a peach and suits the bike well, riding position is good for lots of different sized riders and it’s so light which is great no matter what age you are!
    There is a test ride review coming very soon so watch this space.

Simon

Hi All,

Last year I visited the factory and did the deal on the stunning new Blackout. Can’t wait for March, as it really is a thing of beauty.

My backgraound, is that I’ve been riding since 16 years of age and had too many bikes to count (stopped counting at 50, and that was over 12 years ago!).

I’ve never been without a bike in all that time and my bikes have varied from non runners bought for a few quid, to new machines to classics I’ve restorred.

I had a CCM quite a few years ago (with the 600cc Rotax engine) that was quite a fun bike.

More recently my tendancy has been towards larger bikes that do it all (1200 Explorer, 1200 Scrambler XE, 1290 Super Adventure S etc.).

The CCM is just so basic (in the best possible way), that it gets back to the things that matter, engine, frame, wheels. No gizmo’s no lean sensetive this or riding mode that.

Takes me back to the CB250RS Honda that I has at 17 years old.

Love the fact that it’s built in the UK, and is just such a beautiful thing.

I live in Dorset so give us a wave if you see me out and about in the spring on the Blackout.

All the best, ride safe

Simon

johnybigarms

Hi Simon, great to hear you’ve chosen the Blackout, I have seen the bike and it’s look are fantastic in the flesh, the images online don’t show that too well.
    Like you I find the Spitfire range takes me back to the 80s where modest power and light simple motorcycles seemed perfect for fun with your mates, we do get trapped in wanting more, more power, more tech, but like good food, it’s usually the simple likes of fish and chips that satisfy the most, my Flat tracker gets more attention than 90% of the bikes at the motorcycle cafes, happy days ahead me thinks for you Simon, oh, the stage 1 is worth a punt, it’s worth getting during your first service, the bikes really start to perform with that and a few miles to loosen off.

Welcome Simon
    Here’s my test ride review of the Blackout – hope you enjoy it.

Simon

Hi Johnybigarms,
    Thanks for the advice regarding the stage 1. I’m pleased to say that I did tick that option as it seemed to offer a fair bit over standard for a very resonable price.
    Can’t wait until the bikes ready and we’re back to some sense of normality.
    Stay safe
    Simon

Simon

Hi John,
    Love the Blackout test. It looked pretty chillie out there!
    The bike really seems very crisp with a lovely bark from the exhaust.
    Roll on March when mine will be ready, can’t wait!
    Cheers
    Simon

Hi Simon
    Glad you liked it. It was a lot of fun making the review in spite of the cold!
    I ride in all weathers but avoid ice and snow for obvious reasons!
    Hopefully this period will pass quickly and you can get out and enjoy your new bike in the Spring.
    John

David 252

Thanks for the video John, it’ll be good to see the Blackout in the flesh in 2021.

And Dougie Lampkin showing how to do it properly!

Something for the weekend?

Hi CCM magicians,
    I trust you are all safe and well.
    It seems that your service agreements are well hidden, everytime I try to look for them they are hidden behind a rock, under a bush, in a black hole. You really need to give better locations and links to these if you want people to sign up / buy them. You also really need to make it easier to pay rather than a £1,000+ pay out at once. Make it asort of saving scheme at a smaller payment per month or even add it as an option when purchasing or even just include it in the overall price like a ‘Kia’.
    Just a thought

Hi John

We need your input as we think it’s quite clear to us……

It’s in Club CCM (It’s irrelevant to customers in waiting) then –

SERVICING TAB and either SERVICE TYPES for a description of the types of services available – or BOOK A SERVICE to proceed

I will take your suggestion forward for a monthly payment scheme.

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.