Welcome to the new forum

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Morph – I manage this forum and I have not removed any posts whatsoever – I would only remove a post if it was offensive. Have you spoken witH Steve regarding your frame issue? He will ensure that it is dealt with in chronological order. In the meantime, why not get out and enjoy your bikes while the summer is here and we can replace any issues with frames in the winter.

Matt

Hi John just to clear things up abit on hear I had spoke with Ben to arrange him to sort out this bits but not about the frame I only got to speak with Steve yesterday aft about the frame and yes as it stands we’re all good there now
    Also I would like to take this opertunity to thank ben for all his help sorting the rest of the bike issues out today can’t rate him highly enough
    I have now been out for a very short ride and the bike is Bob on
    Small bits make a big difference
    Thanks Steve and Ben

JAP

Hi, Jani here from Finland. I’m rookie rider and passionate about to see such individual motorcycles. I’m also excited about the possibility of having these beautiful machines Euro legal. I’ve done a lot of research and reached the conclusion that CCM would be an excellent motorcycle for me.

Greetings from Finland!

David 252

Hello everyone, I’m in the queue waiting for a Six. Ordered in October 2019 – and the longest wait of my life, but I love everything it is just from sitting on one at shows, looking at the sales brochures, reading every article found, and YouTube.
    Looking forward to meeting up for a ride and a bacon butty.
    David

Welcome Jani and David
    A cliche I know but all good things come to those who wait!
    There are plenty of mass produced bikes sat in showrooms but nothing that is so personal as a CCM.
    Thanks for your support and looking forward to hearing of your exploits once you are united with your new steed!

David 252

I’ve had ‘off the peg’ bikes all my life (1979 & a Fizzy), had 1 cylinder – 2 cylinders – 4 cylinders, but the most fun was always with just 1. A thumping tune out the back, and carry exactly what you need is my idea of heaven. All the videos on YouTube are spoilt buy some inappropriate music…the engine makes its own music.
    Everyone with a Spitfire is a lucky person, but soon – really soon, I’ll be amongst you. Have a brilliant summer.

paravil

I keep my Flat Tracker for whenever the 644´s laid up for tinkering. It always feels a bit too low for me but I do like its looks. I replaced the zorst with a Quill (as on the new Six) and even with the sound deadener it makes your ears bleed.I switch off well before I get home and roll the last bit. I got hold of the last ally tank which I keep as a spare; it´s so beautiful, I use it as a wall lamp!

Maybe two versions of any future video is the answer. Its always difficult capturing the sound effectively but we will bear this in mind.

You must have long legs as the FT is quite lofty! 😉

SeanB

Shame to hear there are ally tanks being used as ornaments when the original bikes had to make do with plastic alternative…

This was a scrap item that was unsafe for vehicle use.

David 252

Would CCM thin about resupplying an Aluminium tank? I’d buy one (would look great polished) John.

I’m still scarred from the whole experience! The whole process was fraught with issues trying to secure metal tanks of the right quality and quantity.

David 252

Maybe something that I’ll have to do myself then…along with clocks & a 5 1/4″ diameter chromed headlight I was already thinking of. CCM did say the Spitfire was a starting point to work from, the story starts here.

paravil

No ally tank was harmed when I wired a bulb and stuck it inthe filler to make a wall lamp. I´ll use it one day when my present ally tank gets bashed. I always thought that Joe Maxwell (http://www.joemaxwell-engineering.com/whatsnew.html) made special parts as well as the ally tanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.