water temperature (coolant)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    martin G10

Hi, this is for everybody

If you bike doesn’t seem to warm up well , check the coolant level in the radiator!
    mine was low !
    (nothing in the header tank) (top up with coolant , distilled water as a temporary)
    regards martin

daniel240288

Mine never shows warmer than 2 bars, what coolant does it need? will check level today

martin G10

Hi Daniel
    If you index through the screens displayed on the dash , you’ll find a temperature gauge in degrees , normaly riding will show 60°c-80°c if your standing still when it reaches around 93°c the radiator fan comes on ! (hot legs!)
    my bike didn’t seem to be warming up on its last ride (cool evening ?) (other owners have have said similar ) this time there was steam while warming up , I let it cool before I checked the coolant and it was low so a topped it up then restarted the bike and it spat the coolant out of the overflow pipe, I’m waiting for a reply from my email to CCM .
    This is causionery tale to other owners , the coolant type may be found in the owners manual.
    martin

Morning all.
    As the bikes don’t have an expansion tank, the level should be just below the overflow pipe and this can sometimes be misconstrued as being too low hence why it spat the excess out when you topped up.
    I’ve attached the Motul coolant spec that we recommend.

martin G10

Hi, John Drogan
    Read the full post,
    bike did not warm up last time ridden ! this start up there was so much steam I thought it had burst a hose, I let it cool and checked the coolant level, as shown in picture ! topped it up and restarted the engine, it blew the coolant out, with a surge when the throttle was blippet, (Ivan supply a video recording if you wish)
    maybe you should just walk across the office and speak to Phil Collier (warranty manager CCM)

Hello Martin
    Apologies if I’ve offended you however mine was a general response to the thread as so many customers see a low level, top up and then see water leaking from under the bike, assuming a problem.
    I’m glad Phil (aftersales manager) is working with you on this – I’m in a different building BTW.

martin G10

Hi, John
    No, I stand corrected !
    Phil Collier is indeed the after sales manager, dealing with a warranty claim that I’m waiting on for a reply.
    I could cc you on the email if you would like and save the walk.
    regards martin

Thanks Martin that would be useful to see what’s happening.
    [email protected]

martin G10

Hi, John
    No, I stand corrected !
    Phil Collier is indeed the after sales manager, dealing with a warranty claim that I’m waiting on for a reply.
    I could cc you on the email if you would like and save the walk.
    regards martin
    Ps. Thanks for the information on the coolant, I don’t think water can mix with a synthetic!

daniel240288

I indeed tooped mine up, turns out it must have been fine as it then overflowed roughly what i put in back on the garage floor.

I did scroll the menu and checked actual temps on a run today and seemed fine.

martin G10

Hi, Daniel
    I hope you read my Ps. to John Drogan and used the correct coolant , motol is a fully synthetic and synthetics don’t absorb water so won’t mix , there should be nothing but motol in the system ! thanks again for the information John , I hadn’t checked the coolant type
    regards martin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.