V5C not arrived

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Darby

Received my stealth bobber 4 weeks ago (love it despite not being able to take it out for a proper run due to the virus) but still not received the V5 certificate from the DVLA despite CCM sending it mid March. I am aware the dvla are prioritising key worker docs but even using the vehicle check function it show the dvla have no record of my re,gistration. Do any other “newbie” owners have this problem?

Hi Mike
    Just spotted your forum post. The registration documents were despatched on 20 March however lockdown commenced on 23 March which will have had a massive impact on the processing of new registrations.
    Our admin team are currently furloughed however we must assume that new registrations will have tailed off dramatically and the DVLA will start to deal with their backlog of work.
    I’m sorry we can’t be of any more assistance right now.

chris

Hi Mike, received my new Stealth Bobber the same time as you. Are you still waiting for your V5C?

Mike Darby

Unfortunately yes I’m still waiting😟

Mike Darby

UPDATE:

FAO John Drogan.
    I managed to finally speak to someone at the DVLA who informed me that the registration details are done by the dealers on whats known as the “RAV” system and telephone number for DVLA only process registrations via the postal system.

They confirmed they HAD NO knowledge

of my bike and the dealership now needs to get involved to follow up the registration! They were even surprised under the current restricted staff operation at the DVLA I had not received the document.

Covid apart and as the telephone message on the CCM says the management team are working from home, can I please implore the particular management member who looks after the registration to sort this out once and for all as I feel I am being pushed from pillar to post! I have been told by CCN that the information was sent to DVLA on the 20th but they have no recollection of this and after all I have no way from my end of proving this.

I am now getting very annoyed and wish this to be resolved as soon as possible.

chris

Hi Mike

I was in the same position, but found a way around it.

Basically DVLA are almost 8 weeks behind. When I spoke to them last week, they were only processing 20th March.

I tried everything to try and get a result, and in the end what triggered them to go and find my application from the 60,000 backlog was to use their online complaint form. I simply said it have been waiting 7 weeks for a new registration’.

2 days later they called me, and I asked if it was possible for them to go to the mailroom and look for my specific application. I knew that CCM had used APC, and I had got the tracking number from CCM. With this I could see exactly when they received the documents.

They found them within a few hours, and my bike was registered the same day. A lovely lady at DVLA called Theresa did all this..

Hope this helps.

Mike Darby

Thanks Chris. Who did you get the tracking info from at CCM as I’ve been told the staff are still on lock down? What I have been told is that apparently the MSVA details of my bike were sent from CCM on the 20 March so you never know it may yet appear registered.

I will still try the complaint procedure though.

Thanks, Mike

chris

Hi Mike,

Ben Clews got the tracking number for me. There was a day when he had someone pop into the office. He did say that my application was sent on 23rd March and contained 3 Sets of paperwork for 3 bikes.

Mike Darby

Interesting, I wonder if my bike was one of them? Bet the weather will have changed by the time my V5 comes through! Maybe a set of studded tyres for the snow…lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.