Tubed or Tubeless?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ixy

Hello everyone,
    Just a quick question….I’m considering a CCM and like the look of the Spitfire 6 Stealth version with black billet wheels. I understand the wire wheels (black or gold) need tubes in, but are the billet wheels tubeless or do they come with tubes in from the factory?

Thanks,
    Ixy

johnybigarms

Not sure, but I’m about to replace my rear tyre on my FT6, which has the 19” billet wheels, I will let you know when I get it fitted.

Rtb

Mine are now tubeless Flat tracker wheels….

johnybigarms

How did you remove the tubes? The guys who fitted me a genuine replacement rear flat tracker tyre told me the tyre was designed to be used with tubes, so he kept the tube in, would have liked to have removed the tube to lighten the wheel and reduce some of the rotational mass that the 19” wheel creates, very gyroscopic at high speed, hence why Foggy fitted the 17” wheel to his model offering, interesting

Peter Connor

It is my understanding that if you have the CCM machined wheels then you will need to fit tubes irrespective of whether the tyre is tubed or tubeless. The reason for this is the the profile of the machine wheel is for a tube. I hope this helps Peter

johnybigarms

That makes sense, great post, thanks Peter

johnybigarms

So how did Rtb manage to remove the tubes, are they safe now? You want a fast deflation when riding, Rtb?

martin G10

Hi, just noticed noticed the markings on my six’s spoked rims 19xMT3 , MT rims have a safety bead to keep tubeless tyres in place if they deflate , WM rims as fitted to off-road type bikes don’t and use tubes , the question is are the spoke holes sealed for tubeless tyres.
    regards martin

martin G10

Hey Rtb
    How about giving us the full story on going tubeless .
    regards martin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.