Starting tip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    graham

My bobber seems to need cold start lever each time. Problem was lever did not stay open each time. So one hand on cold start , one with throttle slightly open and one to press starter – but I only have 2 hands !!!!.

Solution is to loosen philips screw on cold start and then slip a small ‘o’ ring over the screw head and then retighten just enough for the lever to stay in position.

Hope this is helpful.

johnybigarms

I use the cold start/fast idle lever to start the bike every time, I wouldn’t call it a cold start, as it helps start the bike what ever the temperature, I just pull the lever and press the start button, no need for throttle as the lever increases the idle to a rev level where the engine is running at 2 to 3 thousand revs, it works perfect, and my Flat tracker starts perfect 100% of the time, first time, when the bike fires up, leave the lever pulled for a few seconds, then slowly release it, works every time.
    Just another tip, if you decelerate using the gears when riding, and you pull the little lever at the same time, you get amazing back pops on demand, childish, but it makes me laugh every time, try it, tell me another bike that has a back popping lever?

graham

As you say when the bike fires up you need to keep the lever pulled in – mine takes longer than a few seconds or it just dies! With my little mod the lever stays in and you
    can gradually release as the engine warms up – gives you time to put your helmet and gloves on!!

Will have to try the back popping feature on my next ride !!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.