Stalling Issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David P.

Stalling is not really the correct term because it suggests it’s down to a lack of clutch control and it isn’t. I’m having issues with my GP450 constantly cutting out at idle or near idle and not restarting. It’s actually left me in a couple of quite hairy positions when it’s done it on roundabouts. Today, thankfully it happened at the end of my road and I’ve drained the battery trying to get the bloody thing to start again. Luckily it was just a short push back to my garage and it just meant I’ve missed out on a day of getting muddy. I’ve tried contacting CCM via the contact page on the website but I seem to be getting a stiff ignoring. Can anyone help with some advice on how to sort this issue. I appreciate the bike is nearly 6 years old and well out of warranty but I’m getting a bit fed up with it doing this and I can’t help thinking some arsehole in their white Audi is going to wipe me out the next time this happens at a junction or roundabout. It’s spoiling what is actually a capable bike when it works.

martin G10

Hi,David
    When this happens have you tried taking the spark plug out to see if it’s wet or dry and check if you have a spark. Next if you have a spark and the plug is dry , when a fuel injector starts playing up , it’s usually at the shorter injection openings such as tickover , (the injector stops reacting to shorter pulses). Next the gp450 cuts the fuel injection on overrun to improve fuel economy , so declaration on a closed throttle is when thats occurring , controlled by the throttle position sensor and the ECU . If the plug is wet , start with a plug swop (normally carried if off roading or was back in the day)
    hope this is helpful,
    regards martin

David P.

Hi Martin, Yes that is helpful thanks. I’ve got a spare plug that I carry with me. However, access for changing it on a wet windy Welsh hillside isn’t great because the side fuel tanks block access from what I can see so far (I’ve only had the bike a month or so). I’ll have a look at the plug when I change to the new air filter I ordered yesterday. My other theory was that the air filter may be dirty or clogged as the bike does smell like it’s running quite rich. However, it doesn’t feel down on power when riding. If I can sort this issue out it’ll be a cracking little bike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.