Stage 1 tune

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johnybigarms

Hi everyone,
    I’m looking for a little feedback on anyone running a stage 1 tuning box on a Spitfire, especially if it was fitted after using the Spitire in standard tune, is it a good value Modification? Comments welcome

rickbierton

I can’t compare before and after as I had mine fitted during build. But any gain in BHP has got to be good on such a lightweight bike.

martin G10

Hi , I’m waiting for my six due to the covid , I did spec it with the stage 1 upgrade as I’ve had bike ecu’s remapped in the past , it makes a huge difference to the way they pull between 4k-5k rpm when you roll on the throttle and so much nicer to ride , you will notice the difference ! I hope this is helpful .
    regards martin

johnybigarms

Thank you Martin

johnybigarms

Had the tune done now, along with the rear sprocket reduced from 43 teeth to 40 teeth, and the results are fantastic, the extra power makes up for the longer gearing, result….the bike pulls better whilst not over revving, you can achieve 75mph in 3rd, 90mph in 4th and 100mph in 5th, 6th becomes an extra gear, that you can use to relax cruising, just makes the Spitfire a better distance bike, less fatigue, I highly recommend those 2 changes, really loving my FT6.

Mike

Hi, any information on what option to select when notifying an insurance company of the stage 1 remap? None recognise it but have similar i.e. Power commander or % power increase. Thanks, Mike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.