Spitfire Scrambler basis maintenance

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums Spitfire – Scrambler Spitfire Scrambler basis maintenance

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Bbjms.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    julianhall28

In an effort to get to know my scrambler I removed the seat in search of the battery to familiarise myself with the setup. However try to reassemble the seat by aligning the allen key bolts was not a good experience. It needed the assistance of my wife to finally align the bolts. If I was stuck kerbside attempting this I do not think I could have done it. I hesitate to go near the seat bolts again and welcome any suggestions.

SeanB

Hi Julian, I had the same issue while trying to see if I could strap a bag on, seemed like a real pain to line up and bolt was in danger of stripping threads, kept jamming. Not helped as the nut moves in its holder. I think the issue was that the threads were already a bit knackered before i involved it…anyway, after reporting tje problem to Steve Bridgeman just before the weekeend, i then stumbled across tap and die set in the toolbox and cleaned both threads out – went back really easily then. I was a bit dubious as wary of completely knackering the threads but tried it and it worked. Whether from warranty point of view I should have done it who knows but I told him I’d fixed it and he didn’t seem worried. Saved CCM having to send someone out to sort it anyway. If you’ve not sorted it yet and want to try that may be worth checking with them first…I’m sure John can advise.

Bbjms

Hi i have a scramble no 80 and want to adjust the tickover. So i want to ask where is the adjuster screw. I want to be 100% sure before i do anything. As i am surprised its not mentioned at all in the brief user manual.
    Any help appreciated
    Barry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.