Scrambler Gearing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    orangeharley

As the Scrambler gearing is quite low, has anybody changed the gearing and what parts did they use?

Scrambler126

Mine will do over 90 mph on stock tyres and then its getting a bit vague in the steering.
    You can get a smaller rear sprocket I expect, but it will run at 70-80 on the motorway which is good enough for me.

orangeharley

It was not so much the top speed I was concerned with but that the first two gears seem quite low and not very uaeable. There is a 40 tooth rear sprocket that I am going to try.

vseye

orangeharley Did you try the 40 tooth rear sprocket? How did it perform?

orangeharley

Hello vseye,
    Yes I did try the 40 tooth rear sprocket and it was an improvement both with lowering the revs at the top end and making it easier with the slow speed gearing. I would even have gone for a 38 or 39 tooth rear sprocket, but was advised against it on the Scrambler, by CCM. It could be because of the angle of the swinging arm/wheel tyre size, as I know people have gone to a 38 tooth on their Bobbers.

vseye

Thanks orangeharley.

orangeharley

You are welcome vseye, glad to help.

Seagull

Re gearing you may be able to change the front from presumably 15 (mine is 15/43 soon to be 15/40) to 16.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.