Scrambler #72

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AlWorth

All in all it’s a cracker. Only wish some CF mudguards were available, the cut down white plastic ones I fitted work well but don’t look too stylish. My only other upgrade suggestion would be to fit a Brembo clutch master. Other than that would be building the Lilly.

gamboz

I’m hopeful to get a ccm hugger but see there are none being sold from the ccm factory for some reason.
    Do you know why?
    BG

HI
    Im not aware of any issues with these items however our spares/ stores team are furloughed currently.
    They should return early next month

gamboz

Ok thanks John I will see if I can get a hugger when they return back to work,, but there no huggers in the mudguard section of accessories.
    Thanks
    BG

ians

I am also interested in getting hold of a rear mudguard as whenever it is wet my back is plastered in muck off the road

Rear mudguard has been requested by many but CCM design team have moved on to pastures new, shame really as there are the lugs in place.

gamboz

I think they are still selling rear huggers that sit inside the swing arm.. They are still being fitted to the foggy & stealth bikes. Surely CCM are not stopping making these accessories parts, That would be complete madness..
    The rear mudguards on the scrambler from what I’ve seen only in pictures was plastic & fitted under the tubular frame which holds the number plate..
    is that what CCM have stopped making??
    BG

The Scrambler has the high level mudguard framework/ number plate holder, the ladder type framework between the seat and the number plate hass a big hole that allows water to soak riders/pillions, under this hole are 4 lugs to secure a mudguard, its this that CCM have been asked for and don’t seem to want to design and sell anything to fit, the rear hugger is pretty standard across the range and I’m sure is still available but does nothing to stop water son your back.

gamboz

I looked through some internet sites like polisport & Acribis to see if I could find something that looked like it may fit as a replacement mudguard but found nothing.
    I know the hugger will not stop the rider getting wet but it will stop water drenching the Air filter..
    I do have a filter protector that will also help..
    I wonder how many mudguards CCM did make for the scrambler??
    BG

AlWorth

A small piece of thin aluminium and a couple or ties does the trick.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.