Rust

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matt

How come there is so much rust on a bike that has never been out in the rain
    Have just spotted a little rubber plug missing from left hand side of the frame were the foot peg mounts and when I looked into it there is rust inside

I would put some pics on but I dont know how

flex2black

Matt
    Finally took out for a ride 100miles yesterday (mega sun and super dry) and doing a fine clean up, I got to say, flaws seen and as far as rust my kickstand spring is fully rusted yet is in insulated garage, radiant heater and a cover never been in wet only been on the road three times, yet as I said before arrived at mine in bad condition and i think sat out exposed at CCM factory or inside with no protection. Also some corrosion on rear master cylinder, I am fed up with that as well as a few other things.

Have you seen any weeping of oil from any of the gaskets?

Matt

I’ve wiped it after every ride assumed small oil deposits were from the breather as mainly at that side and was informed this was normal when questioned like wise the poor starting was told it’s a tight engine turned out to be a faulty cam I could go on but wont just yet

Not to detract from why the rust is there in the first place, which is a perfectly valid question but have you tried a small amount of ACF50 on the affected region? I have used this on a number of bikes and it can help attack the corrosion that’s started as well as prevent future occurences. You don’t need much though!

flex2black

I bought a can of AC and it comes out like snot…..is this the usual that it needs to be smeared like a mess as most Pet products seem to be a little more smooth.

So other than a product hanky move to use it is there a reason rust is showing so quickly?

Matt

Lol I have old proper minis and a series 3 landy so would like to think I am well versed when it comes to rust
    But on a brand new bike I didn’t expect to find it so soon

morph

SNAP Bike never seen rain or water in the 10 month’s. Done 600 miles with smiles but the rust on the swingarm is out of order on a new bike CCM.

Matt

scary to see just on the ccm forum how many people are having issues with rust on the range of new ccm bikes even worse that there has been no response from ccm either by phone,email or on the forum

Matt

Hi all if you have not seen else were on forum I have now managed to speak to Steve and between him and Ben all my issues are as good as sorted steve is the man to talk to about rust just a very busy man but he will help he has with me
    Thanks guys

Mike

My bobber has never been out in the rain and lives in my garage. Yet I have the same rust issues. Side stands going rusty, spring is totally rusty. Rust of the radiator cover etc. Doesn’t like starting , cuts out gearing down. Not what I expected for a 10k + bike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.