Rear Indicators

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pizzaman

Hello, I’ve removed the rear number plate/indicator arm in favour of a side number plate holder but the under-seat indicator unit that CCM for other Spitfire variants is not suitable for the Cafe Racer. I wondered if anyone had fitted extra indicators to make it MOT compliant (I googled the spacing and DVLA say they should be 240mm apart). I was looking at making up some brackets and maybe getting the Kellerman Bullets but thought I’d ask if anyone else had any other neat solutions? Thanks.

martin G10

Hi, hold onto that bracket, to be MOT compliant the number plate has to be behind the rear wheel, thats why they have to leave the factory with it, I don’t think many stay on for long and probably the first thing most want to change,. I have a six with a side plate (a six digit plates are a good upgrade, legal size is around H164mm X W177). I’ve been thinking about adding some of those timy atto 3in1 to my bike, the six has some handy bolts that hold the seat on, have just posted some pics with the keyless sensor on the right hand side.
    regards martin

Pizzaman

Thanks Martin, I couldn’t see the pictures though (probably me not spotting the link). I think side number plates are ok as long as they are the correct size, correct lettering etc and are “clearly visible and unobstructed”. But I will definitely be keeping the arm just in case… I think the winter project will be to add the atto’s and maybe get a friend of mine to 3d print some mounting blocks. If I get round to it I’ll post some details and results 🙂
    Thanks

Justin

martin G10

Hi, just ordered a pair of kellermann variable mount M6, to fit onto the M6 bolts that hold the seat on,they will also give me a little more distance between the atto lights, mount is made to fit bellow a lever.
    martin

Pizzaman

Hi Martin,

That looks a great solution. Think I may go down the same route. Looks very neat. Where did you get the parts from, if you don’t mind me asking?

Justin

martin G10

Hi,Justin
    Louis is cheaperest, euro exchange rate and postage makes the total around 50 a pair
    Martin

https://m.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/kellermann-variable-adapter-mount-m6/10036788?list=

martin G10

Hi, Justin
    I just ordered a pair atto 3in1 for the rear of my bike, digital Speedos have an offer on
    Martin

https://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/indicators-c5/kellermann-atto-df-led-indicator-with-tail-light-and-brake-light-black-case-p713

martin G10

Hi, Justin
    If your adding atto’s as a style feature , you have to get really close to admire the lines (thumb for size comparison), CE approved and supposed to be very bright !
    martin

Pizzaman

Hi Martin, well I’ve finally finished, apart from getting a couple of nicer bolts to go underneath (they won’t be seen but I know). The indicators are very bright and a good distance apart. The wiring was fairly easy and I’m just really really pleased with the look even though the photo is a bit rubbish. I’ll try to take some others when the weather improves. Thanks for all your suggestions and links.
    Justin

martin G10

Hi Justin
    Looking good, mine aren’t fitted yet, I did test them on a battery and the brightness is impressive.
    martin

Colin One

Martin did you fit Kellermans to the front of your bike?

martin G10

Hi Colin
    I’m planning to fit “Kellererman Rhombus S extreme” (clear lens) to the front , there are Kellermann thread adapters 5mm to 10mm and 15mm extensions available,
    martin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.