Reach to the Handlebars

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Mike.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    martin G10

Hi, I’ve owned my Six for almost 15 months now and I’ve only just realised the nagging problem of not having arms quite as long as Dougie Lampkin is easily corrected by moving the bar clamp posts further back on the top yoke (there are two choices for position) , I’m including a pic , check out the yoke at bottom of the bar post (mounting posts are the same as fitted to Husqvarna , KTM , they are available in different heights)
    regards martin

Tim

Hi Martin,
    I’m also finding the Maverick handlebars too far away! Not comfortable on a long ride. I’ve fitted bar risers and moved the bars forward but it’s just not enough.
    Some other forum member suggested using the Flat Tracker FT6 handle bars. CCM spares say they should be in stock in the New Year 2023.

CCM Spares also commented on the use of bar risers: “We must inform you that the use of bar risers isn’t approved with the standard use throttle cable. Design/Engineering identified a possible serious problem with the throttle cable snagging under tension with a higher than standard bar setup which can lead to the throttle opening at full lock – not desirable at all! Please bear in mind to that unapproved modifications invalidate the bike warranty.”

They did say CCM were bringing out their own handlebar conversion kits “soon”.

I hope that’s normal ‘soon’ rather than CCM ‘soon’!

Was moving the bar clamp post position enough for you?

Regards Tim

Hi, i went for a Renthal fatbar 609 bend. Not sure if this is the same as the flat tracker ( im sure one of the flat tracker owners could verify ) but i found it works very well on the scrambler. A quick google search will provide numerous suppliers. I have had no problem with throttle cable but it could do with being slightly longer so will be changing in the near future

Ruth121

Great idea bit far away for us northerners, how about the same at Elvington or seaways cafe nr driffield.

Tim

I have a brand new pair of these X-bars spare. They didn’t quite do the trick for me. My arms must be shorter than most people’s!

Mike

Thank you Martin, I met you at the Baffle Hause at the end of last summer. I’ve moved my handlebar clamps on my Maverick to the rear position and the difference is worth it. I probably wouldn’t have noticed the option to move them if you hadn’t have posted it up so thank you. If anybody does this check that the brake line doesn’t touch the top yolk, just crack the pipe banjo enough to swivel the pipe into a better position, no fluid came out and no air went in, Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.