powder coated vs bare frame

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums Spitfire – Bobber powder coated vs bare frame

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jes A

Hi
    Just put my deposit down for a Bobber.

When it comes to final spec, what’s the view on bare frame vs powder coated? Heard stories of rust but prefer the bare colour to the bronze of black. any thoughts?

Not sure they still offer the bare frame ? My scrambler has some rust lines under the coating but i will probably just live with it as i too prefer the bare frame look

martin G10

Hi, Jes A
    Pictures don’t really show off the frame colours , it’s the same for the metallic tank paint , so much better in person and fantastic in sun light ! (I may have the last clear coat, a Six built Aug 2020)
    regards Martin
    Ps. CCM do factory visits

Hi Jes
    Firstly congratulations on your Bobber order! It’s such a great fun bike, especially on the sort of roads where motorbikes shine.
    We don’t offer the clear coat any longer as the process couldn’t be 100% guaranteed.
    If you haven’t seen the new solid powder coat colourways, take a look at the link below.
    2022 Frame Colours

Jes A

Thanks

So are they a no cost option?
    Jes

Hi Jes
    The standard frame colour is Kingsport Grey and the other colours are a £499 option.
    I hope that helps.
    John

Jes A

Fab, very happy with the grey

Jes

Great – let us know if you need anything else

SMALL

My Bobber has the bare lacquered frame 3 years and no sign of spider rust marks, but the CCM paddock stand with same finish developed these marks?

John

Lucky you SMALL. My original had the spider rust marks you mention which really bugged me, luckily, I was offered a frame swap which I accepted, and I now actually prefer the bike with its sparkle noir frame.
    I noticed that the weld on your frame rising from the swing arm pivot is a lot longer than on my original frame. I was told that short welds approx 2″ indicates the early problematic frames, i wonder if there are any early bikes with the shorter weld that have not developed this rust? Or any later bikes with the longer weld that have?
    Before and after pics of my frame

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.