Paddock stands

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

What paddock stand are you using with your Bobbers? Where are you fitting the bobbins?

Many thanks in advance

Rushbob

I already had a bog standard rear paddock stand with the hooks for bobbins. I found a metal threaded rod that’s small enough diameter to go through the hollow rear spindle , cut it to length, and then wrapped self amalgamating tape around it to stop it scratching the inside of the spindle. Bob is now my uncle !

I only plan to use it when maintaining the chain or possibly for long term storage. At the moment I’m using one of those large front wheel chocks in the garage & just ride the bike into it .

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Rushbob.

Thanks Rushbob, I might try one of the chocks.

jckman8

Anybody know if the Wheel can be removed while on the CCM paddock stand? thanks

martin G10

Yes it can, the CCM paddock stand lifts the swingarm bellow where the adjuster bolts are threaded
    martin

jckman8

cheers martin, Im using a superbike paddock stand through the spindle, and having 19″ wheels it doesn’t get enough lift

Recently purchased an Abba superbike stand and have to say , very impressed. Easy to use on your own, totally stable and able to remove either wheel

martin G10

Hi, everybody
    I’ve started using a 10mm stainless 316 bar with spacers through the rear axle to be extra secure.
    martin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.