On the road tool kit.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KE12

Hey,

So, I have a general question. If you were to make an emergency roadside repair kit that you carry in a back pack or even a roll kit connected to your bike, what tools and kit would you carry?

I’m curious as I’m planning a long trip and want to know what others have required. At the moment I have a six, but I would imagine most of our models share the same tooling.

Many thanks,
    Karl.

Tim

I always take a pack of cable ties. I have bodged so many problems with a pack of these. Indispensable.

Jez

I agree with the cable ties; for definate!
    And a puncture repairkit (some bacon rinds and a tyre awl: light and will get you of trouble provided you’ve got a few CO2 cartridges and an adapter). It sounds like a lot, but I fit all this in my little saddle bag on my road [push] bike, as well as tucked away on my GS (I’ll pop into my pocket/day sac when out on my CCM (when spring decides to turn up🙏🏼).
    Jez

KE12

So I’ve done a few long trips on the bike now, some of it to remote places, and these are what have been needed.

Electrical repair kit. Eng temp probe wire was cable tied from factory with a tight kink causing the cable to fail. Not helpful when you are stuck in an isolated part of the world)

Socket to remove my oil fill port. (I have the aluminium cap.)

Super glue. The factory installed leather grips came undone.

Electrical tape.

That is what I have needed bit I technically also needed a whole set of tools to repair an oil leak from the engine but not going to labour on that.

I also carry a bottle of tyre repair stuff. (With the tyre being tubed I am under the impression bacon strips won’t work)

Phillips head.

10mm spanner x2

Pliers.

Small tube to siphon fuel from another bike.

A spare 1l bottle of fuel.

28 /32 mm (can’t remember size off top of my head) socket and bar for adjusting the rear wheel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.