Number plate

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RobDown

The Blackout is fabulous but, in common with many bikes, I don’t think the extended number plate holder is going to look too good (particularly with a legal size plate). I see there is an optional side mounted holder – not factory fitted because of legality issues?
    What I would much prefer is a mounting consistent with the original Spitfires – in black of course – any chance of this becoming an option?

Hi Rob
    Firstly, welcome to the forum.
    The side mount plate works on certain machines however sadly not on the Blackout.
    The location would foul a passengers feet on the (optional) pillion footrests and would prevent the fitting of the (optional) carbon chain guard.
    The final issue is with the rear LED indicators – if you delete the standard number plate hangar, you also remove the bracket to support these units.
    I hope that helps?

RobDown

Thanks John – I understand – I will have to live with it – a small price to pay for such a magnificent machine 🙂
    Regards
    Rob

AlWorth

That rear subframe for the plate mount etc. always looked wrong in my opinion, first thing to be modded on my Scrambler!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.