New Owner – Garry Beardieman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Beardieman

Hi folks

I would like to introduce myself to the forum. Just bought a 2019 Cafe Racer from Jack Clews. Delivered this week and living in the hall until I sort out permanent accommodation in the spring – divorce papers in the post ……

My first CCM, but I’ve been riding motorcycles since 1973. My other more serious bike is a BMW R1200GS, upon which I do all my RoSPA Advanced Motorcycle Training. My handle “Beardieman” is because I have always had Bearded Collies. I live on the Isle of Wight and ride all year. Hope to see you guys out and about sometime. I know I am the only CCM owner on the island.

SimonC

Alright Nipper! Perfect bike for the Island where the roads are ‘different’. I will be bringing mine across to see my Mum in Ryde when lockdowns etc are lifted. Keep in touch and we’ll have a mass gathering of the both of us on the Parade in Cowes at some point this summer 😉 cheers, Simon

David 252

I have family on the island too (Harley owners!), planning to ride over this year too – once we are allowed. I was over last August, planning a few days with my 6, you have a great playground, do you ride on the mainland? How do you load your bike on the ferry?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by David 252.
    SimonC

If I go David then I go via Yarmouth/Lymington for the shorter crossing. Both Wightlink and Red Funnel are pretty good with bikes on board in that they allow you to get them as sorted as possible but I’ve only been allowed to stay with my bike once (I have no idea why they allowed that, they don’t normally because of insurance.)

Basically, pray a lot.

Let’s set up an Isle of Wight rally. I think three of us won’t attract too much attention from the local police (man – it’s a small place) 🙂

David 252

Sounds good Simon, 3 CCMs – should make a good sound. The island looks to be a place a Spit should be ideally suited to, and a route there could include some points of interest along the way like, The Bike Shed – South Downs etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.