Marzocchi Fork Springs

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andy Marsh

Hi JM how did they get on with your front forks?

Andy Marsh

Is there anybody out there?

JM

Update
    Suspension all done , bike now ride as it should, smoother and drop in to corner nicely and handle bump without rattling apart, tyre now wear now is also better , getting on the edge, will see how tyres go over the next few 100 mile, still not sure what best for tyre pressure on road, track day would be normally be 35 hot front and rear, any advice?
    Front, spacer shorten and new oil and reshim valve, drop tube down on triple tree 5mm now have 35mm bike sag
    Rear, lighter spring 85kg and reshim valve 20mm bike sag

martin G10

Hi, JM
    Good to hear your bike’s sorted. Tyre pressures, CCM say 29psi,front and rear, Pirelli had a formula for tyre pressure, that they should gain 3-4psi cold to warm . lower pressure = more movement in the carcass , more heat gain , more pressure gain ! I myself run tyres with a couple of less psi (cold) to help them warm up , Mitas have a stiff carcass and are a bit hard , not what I’d call a performance tyre , with 130, 140, on a 3″ rim the profile is very tall , I’ll never get near the edges (cold front 27psi rear 26.5 psi , still experimenting , if you drop to 24psi rear profile rolls a bit), I’m considering some Metzeler m9rr in 120/70/19 for a better profile,
    regards martin

Andy Marsh

Hi Jim how much was the front fork spacer shortened?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.