Marzocchi Fork Springs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    martin G10

Hi
    Does anybody know the standard fork spring rate ? kg per mm please , has anybody had a fork spring change by CCM ?
    regards martin

martin G10

Ps. Also the fork oil grade

JM

Hi
    Went to see my suspension man today, his comments is the front spring have too much preload need the preload spacer shorten, the loaded sag with me on the bike is only 20mm , spring weight is about right and will put 1 grade lighter oil to achieve a better adjustment range (don’t know grade until it’s taken out)
    Rear Ohlin shock also need a lighter spring and a reshim as there is too much damping (as they were probably spec for rear suspension with linkage )
    I be getting the suspension done over the weekend at a cost of £250
    The bike is total unstable in corner as it is now it just bump over everything’s , not absorbing even the smallest of hole or bump in the road, that why the tyres wear square as you don’t want to lean the bike in a turn
    Will let you know how I get on
    j

martin G10

Hi, JM
    I took my Six to Maxton , they’re very good at what they do ! I checked the settings by getting on/off the throttle mid coner then worked up to white lines and cats eyes to make sure it would hold its line .
    The adjustment on the standard Marzocchi doesn’t have any affect until, minimum +3/4 of adjustment , so I think you will need to increase fork oil by a grade, added some pics of internationals removed from my Marzocchiforks and there is a large spacer.
    regards martin

Andy Marsh

Hi Jim do you know yet how much they are going to shorten the preload spacer?
    Cheers
    Andy

martin G10

Hi, JM
    You haven’t mentioned how much you weigh as rider weight is a large part of the total on a CCM Spitfire , I found a photo of two riders ,
    Right, John Drogan Kg115 ish John
    Left, Karl Foggerty Kg75

regards martin

Andy Marsh

Hi guys so I talked to the factory the fork oil is Motul expert medium 10 motul number 101139

JM

Hi
    Weight 170lb and did they say what amount of oil or oil levels from the top ? My guy said there is not enough static sag ground and rear with no one on the bike
    JM

Andy Marsh

No it’s measured by air displacement so you need a special tool for it

martin G10

Hi, JM
    Thanks 77.5kg for comparison, I’d rather measure with rider on the bike , see (and set) the starting point and what suspension travel is available , if your using almost all of it , it’s working , then just have to sort the low and high speed damping.
    I was wondering if the spacer is designed so that the end remains within the stansion with the fork topped out ?
    regards martin

Andy Marsh

Your the same weight as me so I’m really interested in the out come of the modification

martin G10

Hi, the Marzocchi fork cap preload adjuster moves 9.6mm min-max

martin G10

Hi, Andy
    Who calls it air displacement, special tools ? Usual tools are a tall measuring jug for a dry ish build (known amount of oil) and add a large syringe with tube for setting an air gap ! (wet , swapping springs , oil)
    regards martin

Andy Marsh

The guy I spoke to didn’t really know he wasn’t a technician he just went and asked the boys in the workshop what grade oil

martin G10

Thanks Andy , I wonder if CCM offer different springs !
    martin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.