Introduction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Blackout 13

Hi I am Blackout 13 so called because just bought Blackout no. 13 or call me GJF. Born in 1971, same year as CCM started. My history of bikes is TS125x (blue), 2 x CB 125s (run twice otherwise always in bits, not a complete one now), DT125RE 2005 (black) bought brand new (stolen 😞), DT125RE 2004 Yamaha Blue (still have), Triumph Bobber 2017 bough brand new (still have) Yamaha MT09 2017 Black bought 6 months old (still have) and now a CCM Blackout. Always wanted a CCM since saw a R45 at a show and then saw CCM Spitfire at The London bike show. I had a chance on to buy a CCM Scrambler, but had just bought my Triumph and could not afford both 🙁, but believe in life giving you second chances and Jack Clews phoned me back after filling in request about interest in Blackout on website and have secured one now 😁. In this difficult year, this has brought a smile to my face and thank you all at CCM and you members. Blackout 13

Welcome! You won’t be disappointed! I’#m guessing you saw Henry Cole riding it on the last show in the Motorbike series?

Blackout 13

Hi John, no it looks fantastic I am very pleased and as I said before it has been one of my dreams to own a CCM for a long time now. Was the bike Henry Cole riding a pre production model becasue it had the Scambler spitfire twin exhausts either side, insted of the new right sided mounted exhausts? GJF

Well spotted! It was our test bike before the new exhaust samples arrived. Henry needed the bike urgently to ensure we hit his filming deadlines. I rode the bike yesterday in torrential rain and it was so confidence inspiring – loved it!

Blackout 13

Hi John/ other CCM members. In the film “The black widow” I have read on the internet that only minor changes, were made to the Spitfire scramblers used, blacked out tank, rear pegs and looks from picture like ?Brembo twin discs up front. Was anything else changed for the film to change performance etc. GJF

HNY! It was mostly cosmetic. We provided a number of “looks” for the bike and the bike used was taken and then “darkened” with patina to make it look like a real dirty street bike. There are in fact 6 x footpegs on the bike as we were told that there may be 3 people on at one stage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.