hi guys ….. is a GP450 ok for a short ass girl

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums * New members – Introduce yourself here hi guys ….. is a GP450 ok for a short ass girl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kate

HI ALL
    IM NEW TO THIS FORUM SO I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL AND SAFE

IM LOOKING AT BUYING A GP450 BUT IM SHORT……. CAN THE STANDARD SEAT BE LOWERED OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A DIFFERENT KIT

ALSO VERY INTERESTED TO FIND OUT YOU GUYS AND GALS THAT OWN ONE DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR A 5’4″ SQUIRT LIKE ME( RIDE AN R6 BUT STRUGGLE WITH THE WEIGHT AND MANOURERING IT WHEN I STOP AS IM ON TIPPY TOES)……. I JUST WANT SOMETHING EASY, LIGHT AND NIPPY FOR A BIT OF FUN WHICH THIS LOOKS LIKE IT TICKS ALL THE BOXES

FINALLY ARE PARTS AND SERVICING EASY AND AVAILABLE

RIGHT I WILL SHUT UP NOW !!!
    THANKS ALL

AlWorth

I seem to remember they did a seat height reduction mod?

Dave

Kate,
    I would suggest that the best way to confirm your compatibility with a CCM GP450 would be to sit on one and take it for a test ride. Have you actually sat on the seat of a one yet? And if so, do you consider yourself to be compatible with the bike?
    Regards,
    David

Kate

thank you both for coming back to me.

I have had a chat with the guys at CCM and the bike is far too tall for me. im going to buy a cheap for now and keep an eye out for the seat size 1 …….. its about £2k to convert a standard seat so im hoping I find one already adapted
    of if I can’t get one I will just have to get a sexy spitfire !!! ….. aren’t the beautiful ! doe anyone want my R6 … I guess not !! hee hee!
    hope we can all get out soon and have some fun

take good care all xxx

Welcome Kate
    Firstly, the GP450 is superlight and very well balanced.
    Second;ly, we made a low suspension version which made it accessible to pretty much any rider. These were manufactured with shorter suspension components and different rear link to maintain the correct geometry. They do come up for sale from time to time.
    If you don’t really need an adventure style bike, the Bobber is a superb machine – comfortable and light with a low seat height and by far a better engine an gearbox.
    When we are able to open again you should visit the factory to try one for size.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.