Hello – GP450 Owner in South Wales

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David P.

Hi, I’ve recently bought a 2015 GP450. I plan to do a bit of green laning with the bike if my knackered old body will still take the inevitable spills and I’ll be looking for information on spares and accessories for the bike as time goes on. I appreciate this is an out of production bike. Just thought I’d say hello for now.

Hi David.

There’s a lot of love for the GP450 and they are a really tough capable bike. Our spares team keep many parts in stock and can order what we don’t have.

The best upgrades include Power Commander (Increased low down torque and throttle control plus extra top end power), cush-driven rear wheel (smoother control on tarmac and less tyre wear), high seat (more comfort and better riding position.

Please feel free to pick our brains.

David P.

Thanks John. It’s already got the Cush drive rear wheel but I might be in touch to discuss the Power Commander and high seat. I just need to ride it a bit more first to get a proper feel for it.
    David

I did a day course down at Sweet Lamb which massively improved my off-road skills and helped me get the most from the GP… huge fun too!

David P.

I’ve only ever been over Sweet Lamb on 4 wheels and that was nearly 20 years ago now. I’ve seen a couple of places
    advertising guided off road riding up in mid Wales. I’ll likely be booking something in the not too distant future. I haven’t ridden off road since I was a teenager and I don’t bounce as well as I did then.
    Something I need to enquire about sooner rather than later is an updated generator. The bike is already running heated grips and I plan to use the power outlet to charge my gps. I’d like to fit auxiliary spot/flood lights but I’m a bit concerned about putting too much load on the existing generator. Possibly something to discuss further down the line.

What I found with the GP450 is that as it is so light you spend less time worrying about falling off so you tend to stay upright for longer!

You may have the high power generator fitted anyway and I’d def recommend the larger capacity Li-ion battery as a starting point

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.