Hello from North Yorkshire

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ian

Hi, Been riding bikes since I was 16 (a mere 56 years ago) time flies when your having fun. Bikes owned: James 197, 650 Norton Dominator customised into cafe racer, Honda 4 750, Triumph Bonneville, Honda Phil Read replica (great fun over the Hemsley TT), Yamaha RD 500 (even greater fun over the Hemsley TT),750 Suzuki slingshot (it was a nightmare, didn’t want to go in the direction it was pointed, luckily it was stolen from my garage, never to be seen again), Yamaha 600; was persuaded to do a track day at Croft and was discharged from hospital later that with a broken collarbone. Was at this point that i thought flying through the air at 100 miles was not much fun. That was my last bike until I went to the TT last year and saw the CCM Foggy Flat tracker and fell in love. Just what I fancied single cylinder 4 stroke with all the goodies attached. Order placed and awaiting delivery.

Track days are now confined to me preparing and taking nephew’s BMW RR 1000 bike to UK and European venues. Great fun without any of the pain.

Also have a Fantic/Minarelli 50cc racing bike which my older nephew raced in the motorcycle news junior school boy championship in early 1980’s. Still like to keep it up and running and take it to the odd show.

Best regards
    Ian

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by ian.
    johnybigarms

Hi Ian, that’s a great selection of bikes, RD500 was a dream machine when I was a kid, I’m loving my FT6 and the build quality is fantastic, I get compliments where ever I park up, Seaways cafe in East Yorkshire is local to me, I will be attending on July the 1st when it opens again, not too far from you, there will be 100s of bikes there, all socially distancing in the car park, great place to chat about bikes, I saw another guy on a FT6 in March, so I’m not the only Yorkshire lad with one, hope you get your Spitfire this season, I recommend a gel seat, not got one, but the standard seat is bloody hard, and vibes like hell, I’ve self modded mine now and it’s vastly improved in the vibe department, but I can’t fault the rest of the motorcycle, smiles all round

ian

Hi FT6 looks a great bike, does it sound as good as it looks. Yes if i could have one bike of the ones iv’e had in the past it would be RD500. Seaway Cafe sounds good, 1st July my nephew has a Jamie Whitham track day planned at croft but if it doesn’t come off i do fancy having a look down. might see you there, take a look at the FT6 and talk me through it. Is the Seaway Cafe a regular bike meeting, is it organised or is it who turns up?

Ian

ian

Hi, Don’t know if you will see this before tomorrow but not going to Croft, fully booked no spaces. If you are still going to Seaway Cafe on 1st july about what would you be there and will you still be going if its raining. Would like to have a look at your bike. Ian

Matt

if the weather holds out I’ll be there on my bobber but I’m not holding out much hope so far as currently its raining

ian

Thanks for getting back to me, maybe we can catch up another time.

Ian

Matt

Hi Ian look faward to it

ian

Hi Matt, is your ft6 fitted with a numbered gear indicator, if so does it work ok?

Ian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.