Delivery issues and Contracts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    David GS

Dear all, I wasn’t going to post this as I want to support CCM in their endeavours to become a real player in the UK and beyond. Like most of us we are bike people, and if you are anything like me many bikes in the past, both new and used. I suppose I’ve been more lucky than most having only ordered at the end of January 22. We are now 7 months later and still no bike. Doesn’t sound if it will be too long but who knows? The reason for the post and my anxiousness is the call I had yesterday 6th July. I have now been told that CCM have “run out of the Spitfire Stealth upgraded mag wheels, and they cannot get anymore” They will be replaced by the standard excel rims with spokes with a small credit on my account. After consideration I thought I would spend the cash on some parts that could be fitted before delivery as a gesture of goodwill? I was then told that all parts were selected three months earlier so parts could not be added! So, this is what made me cross, did CCM know that the wheels were not available three months ago, and waited until full payment? I’m unsure what to do now, however I assume I just wait for my bike, a bike with different spec than I ordered, and just put up with the wait.

Hope it works out for you

martin G10

Hi, Dave GS
    I thought final parts selection was made at one month (and final payment request), when it’s put on the production list. 19″ aluminium wheels are made by Asloo , hubs are specific to CCM (possibly)
    martin

JM

It seamed they can’t add but take it away, I have had problem with after sale and backup, you agreed a contract and spec and they should Stan by there words, if you get stuck I do have a set cast wheels with only 100 mile on them
    J

David GS

Thanks all, I will always support CCM, but its a shame things leave a bad taste sometimes.

Colin One

The stealth Six looks great with spokes I’ve had mine two years and specifically requested spokes which I’ve never regretted. I was told the mag wheels are 4 pounds per wheel heavier.

David GS

Hi Colin,

I’m sure it will look great, just dislike being told just before delivery. The bike was fully paid for before I was told. I am so looking forward to getting my bike, hope it won’t be too long now.

DGS

Colin One

David
    CCM are no different to other companies who are struggling with global supply chain issues and somewhere in the small print it probably covers itself for such changes. As I said earlier my stealth Six with spokes is almost two years old now and I’ve covered 6000 miles on it, the bike is awesome and imo you are better with off the lighter spoked wheels just put the credit they owe you towards the first service you could even ask them for a free stage 1 remap as a way of compensating you for your issue.

I understand the supply issues, but if you look at a number of other posts over the year there is a failing common factor, communication. As a small company trying to build it’s business, if I was running the business I would be trying to build a strong bond with my customer base. Good customer service generates good feeling and potentially more business. The communication is generally so poor. All that CCM need to do is to keep talking to their paying customers at all stages. We would understand wait times better, or make decisions on the bikes within the contractual agreement. In this instance they have contacted the original poster, but at what stage ? This should have been done much earlier in the process in my opinion. If you look at other posts people don’t know at what stage their orders are at after full payment has been taken. I can understand why this angers people. Earlier in the Year John Drogan replied that he would pass on people’s feelings about the poor customer communications and said it was something that needed improving. Well, nothing has happened on that front. We still have to chase them at every stage

David GS

Hi Bob,

I quite agree, with a comparatively small customer base you would think if the company wants to grow then communication should be key. I think we understand things are hard at this time, and most reasonable potential owners or customers waiting for a bike would completely understand delays etc. The problems now are retention of customers, and new ones. I still haven’t received my bike, even though I paid for it last month. What do I say to people who ask me “would you buy another?” I’m not sure what I’d say at this time.I’m not sure how the last 12 bikes didn’t end up with the wheels advertised but you would think a gesture of good faith wouldn’t be out of the question.I have credit for the difference(£300) but if I’d have wanted spokes I would have bought a non Stealth bike.

Hi David,
    Is it 12 Bikes that didn’t get the wheels from the last batch ? I didn’t realise it was that many. Makes me wonder if any of the last batch that were stealths received stealth wheels ? If not, that’s a bit naughty.

Colin One

I waited a year for my stealth six with spokes, paid in full 6 months before my bike arrived. I’m more than happy with my bike. I guess if you ordered with mag wheels and are unhappy with spokes you could ask for a full refund but you’d be missing out on a great bike. Welcome to the world of CCM.

Nocca

Your better off buying used tbh.no waiting,usually run in with run in service done and savings of up to 3k.i cancelled my order this year and bought exactly what I had ordered used for 9.5k.original order was 13k.the bikes are half decent but underpowered,the company however needs shaking up from top to bottom.twice I’ve rang up to book a home service which is rather expensive and twice theve said they would get in touch with a date and never done so.come on now that’s very poor and to be honest it’s also friggin rude.like I’ve always said if they put as much time in running the business as they do running around the country promoting then it could be a half decent carry on.i once saw a you tube video that pronounced CCM as crap company motorcycles and I laughed but proof is in the pudding I reckon.

KevinS3

This post above appears to be a troll? I’m sure you’d have done your research before spending on a CCM to know whether it’s under powered? Customer service comments are just too easy a target in my opinion. I bought a pre-owned CCM because it was the original model that caught my imagination when it was launched. I would have settled for the Maverick but was getting eager and didn’t want to wait as I was leaving it too late to get one for this summer! I let a relative ride my Scrambler and it brought back memories of his Motocross days. He has had many versions of motorbike, from road race Ducati to his his Harley and is ordering a Triumph and he praised the CCM!

Nocca

No trolling here buddy.iam currently a owner but soon not to be.bike is up for sale as I speak.had enough with the company to be honest.ordered extra parts after I bought bike and twice order came wrong with missing parts.its as though staff have no idea what there doing.i had to tell them what bits should go with the parts.coupled with the servicing debacle and original cancelled order of the six stealth I’m absolutely stogged off with CCM.big shame cos once you get used to going slow everywhere the bike is quite nice to ride.maybe it’s just me but after reading many complaints towards the company I don’t think so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.