Contact from CCM (or lack off) with Question ?

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums CCM Motorcycles – General Discussion Contact from CCM (or lack off) with Question ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JM

i have been trying to speak with someone from ccm on my cafe racer, had the odd email or call, rang twice this week and said will call back nothing as of yet (we also own a six and flat tracker)
    regarding :
    Radiator water level and coolant type, when fill UP come out of overflow when hot and when checking its below fin level
    Tyre pressure on 19″ wheels, all have worn tyres flat in the middle only
    Front for oil grade, as bike ride is too harsh with everything back off, need thinner oil grade
    Rear Brake don’t work (fail at 2 mot testing station), spoken with Brembo and should have 11mm master not 13mm as fitted
    Clutch slave leaking engine oil, need new gasket and is there a O ring missing on push rods ? + hard finding neutral
    Left exhaust fell off on motorway, need replacement (new or second if anyone has one)
    Rust under clear coat frame, swing arm, side stand and engine mount, if replace will there still be rust developing underneath
    any one can give me any answered to the above would be most helpful
    JM

martin G10

Hi, JM
    Rear brake, have you checked the pivot points and lubed them , the cafe racer has rearsets and a short brake lever so less leverage , a Six can lock the rear wheel so 100% braking .
    regards martin

martin G10

Hi, JM
    Front forks, I took my Six to Maxton Engineering for custom suspension ,fork internals and a rear shock at 300mls,
    The standard suspension uses too high a spring rate for me, I weigh 86kg and the ride was harsh , I was also using + 3/4 to full of the adjustment to control the forks so they could probably go up a grade on the fork oil , and/or start by fitting softer springs.
    regards martin

JM

Hi G10
    Yes, brake did all the check, and even had the longer leaver from CCM but no improvement, spoke with Brembo and was told it should have 11mm master for single piston caliper not the 13mm for twin piston as fitted from factory, rear brake on our six and flat tracker is ok (will be changing them to 11mm master as well) have told CCM but no reply
    Front forks according to my suspension guy Perry (Leask Suspension) the are just standard front spec for a much heavier bike something like a MV or Ducati, with everything back off including preload there is only 10mm sag with me on it and riding about only about 50 travel on forks, it will need shorter spacer or/and softer spring, our six is exactly the same
    Same problem with Ohlins rear, did not move when sat on the bike, lucky only needed to swap out the spring to get the static sag correct same on our six
    It look as if CCM just brought stock parts from Mazzochi, Ohlins and Brembo without spec for the bike or talking to the manufacturer, I know when buying from manufacturers before they will buil from my spec
    It’s a great bike but just need more care in build quality and setting up for customers not a hard thing to achieve, quick on the phone if you are buying bike or parts spending money, no help once you’re done

JM

Photo of longer brake leaver

martin G10

Hi, JM
    That longer lever doesn’t look much longer that the short lever (not an I beam though so probably stiffer) , I measured the standard Six lever 190mm short lever 130mm pivot to tread , both are 40mm pivot to clevis pin, a master cylinder diameter change from 13mm to 11mm is around the same difference in leverage ratio for the two lever lengths, possibly too much with a long lever though,
    regards martin

JM

Hi
    The longer leaver is about 20mm longer and make no real difference, Brembo says it is about the volume of fluids you move with the master and calliper fluid ratio, too larger a master would make it feel wooden with no feed back, that why if you add a front disc to the six it will need a larger masters, which is what we are doing on the flat tracker

martin G10

Hi, JM
    Yes fluid ratio of the pistons or how much leverage you have to push a piston, I have the twin disc on my Six with the usual 19mm master cylinder , if your shopping for a caliper, right-hand and 100m mount ! I don’t like the green pads myself and will be swopping them for some HH pads i have some Brembo RCS levers (adjustable ratio), I’m also looking at slipper clutches as the rear tyre is howling going into corners.
    martin

Andy Marsh

Hi guys my six suspension is well hard for my weight 76kg what have you had done to make the ride softer, ie spring rate etc

martin G10

Hi
    Does anybody know the standard fork spring rate ? kg per mm please , has anybody had a fork spring changed by CCM ? I think I should post this as a new topic
    martin

JM

HI All
    Update
    still waiting for some sort of contact, had a email from John Drogan and said it will be pass to someone ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.