CCM enthusiast

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JMR

Hi,
    got the invitation to this forum which I very much appreciate.
    My name is Johannes and I first got in contact with CCM on the Isle of Man last year when I saw it the cafe racer in the Jurby motorcycle museum. I was immediately impressed and liked it right from the first moment. Sitting on the bike on the Jurby festival led to the decision to buy a cafe racer. I do now own a one. 🙂
    It’s just a very lovely bike beautifully made.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to get it street legal here in Germany (buying decision based on wrong “expert” decision). So I have to sell the bike and wait for a EURO4 compliant version. If anybody is interested, please contact me at [email protected]. The bike is number 145 with full spec.

paravil

Hi JMR

I had the same problem, ut got a personal registration (see my post above!). Please enter the CCM type that you´vegot.

JMR

The model I do own is a Spitfire 600 model 2018 first registration 2019.

paravil

(a) If you´re satisfied with the bike, and don´t want to sell it, you could apply for the type of personal registration that I managed to obtain. I have to carry a copy around with me and I cannot re-sell the bike within the EU (if I wanted, I could send it back to the UK to be sold).

(b) You could leave it on the UK register with a UK number plate for a year (you´d need someone to register it for you in nthe UK). Apparently you´d then have to take it back to the UK for a short period before bringing it back to D.

Don´t expect the Spitfires to ever be EU conform.

JMR

Hi Paravil,
    can you provide me with more information on a)? That might be of interest. If you give me your phone number I would call you as this is much easier and quicker than typing. 😉
    Version b) is always a bit tricky in case of accidents or speeding or other “failures”. So I have dropped this option in the past.

paravil

Send me an eMail ([email protected]) and I´ll phone you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.