Bobber side stand

• This topic has 33 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by gary.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Practice lol it can be done without getting off but when you get off you will end up moving the bike anyway du to fear of it falling over lol

Jim

jim
    i have replaced the side stand for the up dated one . a lot better . and replaced the rear sprocket with a 38 tooth sprocket. the bike runs a lot better. nice on the open road now .

RED_Marc

Do you have a photo you can share of the lean angle now for comparison with mine? I had a replacement side stand relatively early on but it only made a marginal difference. I still have to look for a slope or camber for the bike to feel safe on the stand.

Communication with CCM is sporadic and they said they were reworking the stand (again) but I’ve not had an update for months now…

Good morning. I have escalated your comments to the appropriate department and I will update as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience.

RED_Marc

Thank you John – I appreciate the follow-up.

M.

Ray H

I have sent you the image by e mail as I can’t see how you send images here.
    Ray

Forget that it came back undeliverable

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Ray H.
    RED_Marc

Hi Ray,

Try sending to this email – iserman(at)me.com

M.

sswinno

Hi does anyone know if there is an updated side stand for the bobber? I remember seeing somewhere that CCM have introduced one

Cheers

John

RED_Marc

Hi,

Yes – I received a new stand and revised bracket that joins it to the frame. I’m looking to fit this weekend. Hopefully will be an improvement. Will post an update when done.

Cheers

M.

stevep727

Hi,

I have just recently had the updated stand fitted to my Bobber and there is a definite improvement over the original version. However, just for peace of mind when parked up, I hook a short bungee between the lower part of the stand and the footrest to prevent the stand flipping up if the bike is nudged or moved by anybody.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Mike

I’ve just fitted the new side stand and must say I feel a lot more confident in it .I have not had the chance to ride it yet and see if it scrapes round corners?? As it’s pouring with rain here! Must say Thankx to CCM for sending it so quick, nice one!

Bez from Happy Mondays had the new side stand fitted to his Bobber and he was happy to say it didn’t scrape any more! 🙂

Rushbob

What is the cost of the updated version? I’m very reluctant to pop into town , run errands on the bike etc due to the side stand issues and how vertical the bike is plus if you put it on a camber it’s just as likely to tip over to the left.

The original stand just doesn’t create enough of a tripod to make the bike stable.

It’s my only real gripe about the bike.

Hi Rushbob
    Is the bike under warranty? Drop an email to [email protected] if you feel that the stand is creating an issue.

Rushbob

Thanks very much John, now that the bike is due it’s second service I’ve finally got around to emailing Steven about the issue. The first service really made a difference to the feel of the bike. Gear change etc was really improved, felt a bit notchy beforehand and she seemed to really pull better too, the techie Adam did a great job.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.