Bobber side stand

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Hi all wot an amazing bike the bob is have got just over 500 mile on mine and loved every mile
    Has anyone else had issues with the side stand hitting the floor on left hand bends?

rickbierton

Not yet, I’ve only done 12 miles 🙂

Matt

What do you think I love the bike cant wait to get 1st service and really open it up

Andy Booth

Matt

yes i have found it does ground out on LH lean, but then again its not a sport bike

Matt

Hi Andy

Lol that’s ok then as long as it’s not just me

Hi all yes I have also scrapped the side stand also the right hand side exhaust the big problem is it is a great fun bike and really handles So gives a slightly false sense and I do enjoy the bends. I was hoping to have the suspension adjusted at the first service that is booked In I have stiffened the back a bit and so far not scrapped them again nearly 600 miles now, I do appreciate it’s not a sport bike I have one of those, but it so wants to lean it would be good if the suspension adjustment will allow its full potential to come through. Hope that helps ride safe. PS I have also pointed my toes and slightly out I would rather scrap my boots than Bob👍😁😂

Baz

Yep grounded mine a couple of times now on left handers.

pete82uk

Yup, guilty of grounding out the side stand, luckily not hit the exhausts yet. Seen a few people on the Facebook page have scraped exhausts.

Yep – I grounded mine the other day. I was chasing a dick in a BMW (so could be almost any BMW owner !!) who saw me come up behind him whilst he was dawdling and then he tried to race away. Unfortunately I forgot I was not on my R1 (don’t know why – my ankles weren’t around my ears so I should have realised) and needless to say I overdid the lean on a left-hand bend. The Bobber is not an R1, it’s not meant to be ridden like an R1, which is why I bought it and I just have to get better at ignoring racing dickheads when on the Bobber. Hopefully I’ll come up behind the same BMW dick when I’m next out on the R1 and then I can leave him in my dust !!!

Rushbob

Yep , another victim of the stand grounding in the left , or should that be a “survivor” 😉

RED_Marc

Yup, me too – I have caught the little (Hero?) blob on the side stand on the left peeling off a roundabout. The trouble is this bike does encourage you to chuck it into corners with enthusiasm as it handles so nice for this kind of styled ride.

I do have another issue with mine – I’ve already had one modified replacement side stand sent out as the original one was just not right. The bike was almost completely upright, not enough lean to the stand side and a slight nudge on the bars it would wobble and nearly fall. The replacement has given it a (fraction) more lean but I still don’t think its enough. I’m waiting to hear from the CCM team about what to do next. I have the ohlins pack on it so maybe that has changed the stance a bit? Anyone else experienced similar?

Cheers

M.

Ray H

Are the side stand still fully sprung? I mean as soon as you stand the bike up the stand retracts? Is this an issue? Get my Bobber in September I hope.

RED_Marc

Yes, The side stand is fully sprung and retracts right behind the exhaust. On my particular bike its just the lean angle that is an issue. All the photos I’ve seen of the prototype and others in publicity shots show a ‘normal’ level of lean to have the bike secure. Mine just sits too upright – its weird…

Thats my only gripe – the bike is a real blast to ride and looks amazing. I always get someone coming over to have a look when I pull up (and stand holding the thing for fear of it falling over!). You’ll love it!

M.

Matt

I know what you mean with the tilt angle of the bob when on its stand careful parking even on flat ground feels scetchey I am getting more used to it and in turn less panicked about walking to far away I have played with some different length stands and found half inch shorter than standard and the back wheel lifts and it will fall so have gone back to the factory fitted stand for now whilst I think of a new design or possibly making some sort of center stand
    rest of bike now most faults have been addressed does more than make up for it tho

Zoe

Hi everyone… I’ve just got a Bobber and I love it… except I don’t like having to get off before I can put the side stand down… is there a mod where I can kick it out while still on the bike without it springing back up again? Zoe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.