Bobber service / updates

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Doug Ritchie

Evening all, just had my bobber in for its post run in service . Been waiting a while to get this done but finally got in into the factory today. Lovley welcome by Steve and his team.
    There were a few updates made to the bike at the service. I took delivery of mine in feb 2020. Since then CCM have developed a new base map along with dynojet. I have to say this utterly transforms the bike. Also the suspension was adjusted for my weight again transforming the ride as it was rock solid before.
    The only issue I had ,after a very spirited post service test ride , was the rear brake seized on and got red hot. I have dropped Steve an email regarding this. My suspicion is that the gear change linkage is very close to the exhaust and it has got hot and the joints have expanded and seized. Once everything cooled down it was fine.
    Anyone else had a similar issue?

stevep727

Hi,

Finally got my first service done at home last week. Many thanks to newbie Technician Ryan. Bike certainly feels better for it and having the updated side stand fitted has made a difference, with the bike now not sitting so upright when parked.

Have just recently realised that no matter how slowly/carefully I fill the tank, it traps loads of air. The secret is to repeatedly nudge the bike when filling up to let the air escape – hopefully without it blowing fuel out all over the tank! I now get much better range before the low fuel light comes on. Now, if I could just get it out of first gear at a standstill……

Cheers,
    Steve.

martin G10

Hi, Doug
    My six was delivered with the same rear brake problem , 14miles and it had a blue disc and burnt pads , mobile tech Stewart sorted it , you need some play in the rear master cylinder push rod or it won’t release the pressure in the system
    (Just my own opinion )
    regards martin

Doug Ritchie

Hi,
    Yes the rear brake needs some “play”.
    Was human error at the service. Ben the mobile CCM tech was here and rectified the issue as the rear caliper was destroyed by the heat. The simple fact that Steve at CCM owned the issue , dealt with it quickly and honestly speaks volumes. Yes they are a small business growing , and don’t appear to get everything right. But when it really mattered the service was 5 star!

martin G10

Sorry I should have used the full terminology “free play” regards Martin.

Doug Ritchie

👍 sorry I wasn’t picking on the terminology. Whatever we call it, it has to be there. or your brake overheats , boils the fluid , and your ride goes south.
    I wish I had spotted it myself but was so eager to get out on the bike after it’s service 🤦

Doug Ritchie

I can’t say I have any problems fueling. But thinking about it I always have filled it while sitting on the bike , so it’s upright , maybe that makes the difference ?
    As far as gear selection goes I guess make sure your clutch is adjusted correctly and your getting full travel with the lever. Finding neutral is not always the easiest . Which is a pain due to where the start button is. The upgrade to the map seems to have resolved cold stalling issues so hopefully won’t be so much of an issue

martin G10

The thing that bothers me is the finishing department at CCM , (run by Steve) where pre delivery and servicing take place ! I took delivery of my six SEP. 1st the clutch needed bleeding and the rear brake was dragging , I had been at CCM a few days before with a van , they insisted the bike must remain at CCM until it had completed a road test and pre delivery checks ! As your bike developed the same rear brake problem after a visit to that department some months later, i wonder if there will be others responding to your question, however I am a fan of mobile tech Stewart who has worked on my bike on two occasions, first to correct problems and again for the 500 mile service.
    regards martin

Doug Ritchie

A very good point Martin And I hope someone monitors this at CCM.
    My bike developed the issue imeadiatly after being serviced. With your comments I find myself wondering if they are placing to much pressure on factory workshop techs? This did appear to be the case with the field guys hence new blood.
    I believe Steve works very hard at the factory , but is one man enough with the continuous stream of new bikes?, and with lockdown eased and miles going on the inevitable teething and issues begin to occur.
    It’s a beautiful bike , and I love the feeling I get riding it. British made.
    Come on CCM don’t fall now

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Doug Ritchie.
    Nick

I too have recently had the service and updates and agree 100% Doug, the bike is transformed. However the side stand replacement, although does help the bike sit better and is easier to deploy, scrapes the ground at the slightest of lean angles?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.