Blackout engine temp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gazz

Does anyone know the running temp on the open road I am getting the high temp warning light coming on in traffic and slow speeds (around town) fan is working,only just started doing it fine in the freak hot weather.
    Many thanks Gary

martin G10

Hi, Gazz
    Have you checked the coolant level , strange for it to suddenly run hot and it’s not water , it’s motul coolant , the latest spitfires have the temp sensor in the top hose and will probably show a higher temp , previously sensor was half way down the radiator and would show 65°-80° riding 93° standing , the high temp warning is normally set at 105°
    martin

Gazz

I am going to check coolant level never seen any on floor always parked in shed so would show,runs around 90 on open road I will run it see what temp warning light comes on at.
    Thanks for your help.

martin G10

Hi, Gazz
    Is your temp sensor in the radiator or the top hose ? in traffic the radiator fan on my Six comes on at 93°
    regards martin

Gazz

Seems like fan coming on to late if its down on coolant where’s it gone i have messaged ccm its a bit new to get the socket set out thanks for your help i will let you know how it goes.

Gazz

Been out and checked coolant it’s about a inch from the top of rad cap need to top it up see it fault goes but of course the question is where’s it gone.I will get some coolant the weekend.

Gazz

Topped up coolant did not need any been out for ride high temp light coming on all the time I don’t think dash is showing the right temp if you leave the bike off for a while still shows hot temp fan not coming on at all can’t trust the bike now engine doesn’t feel hot at all seems like a elec fault.

Gazz

Faulty water temp sensor reading to high Ryan came out and sorted it been for a blast seems all good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.