B***** Indicators

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Colin

I’ve just lost the 6th offside rear indicator on  my Spitfire 6!  The vibration environment this indicator sees is quite extreme and this last one lasted only 600 miles. If I hadn’t bought the extended warranty and had to buy these myself I’d be really annoyed with CCM.  As it is I’m really fed up as they always seem to fall off just before I’m going to go on a long run with my mates. I assume all CCM’s with the same number plate hanger experience the same vibration environment so is there any owner out there that’s experienced the same issue and has anyone solved it?

KE12

I had to reattach one a while ago. Reattached it with a bit of thick rubber hosing that I drilled out so the inner diameter was thick enough for the cables and since it’s been fine. But they are definitely a bit flimsy.

martin G10

Hi,
    This is the Six prototype bike No 4 Dougie Lamkin’s, (a development bike ?)
    No problems there it has the same indicators as the original 150, I noticed the special Heritage 71 bikes look as if the get the cheap plastic type !
    martin

Colin

Interesting comments martin G10, I have the same ones as those shown in the Heritage model photograph. I must admit I prefer them to the stubbier ones shown in the other picture. However, they are just not fit for purpose. I reckon that the offside rear indicator on my Spitfire 6 vibrates about +/- 25mm at around 3000 rpm so no wonder it doesn’t last long. I was hoping CCM were developing a new indicator to solve the issue but, from their last correspondence, it seems not.

David 252

Have a look at Atto from Kellermann, German & legal. Not cheap but beautifully made & really bright. If you can’t see them, they’re by the top clamp fastener.

Colin

Can’t believe it! 6th replacement indicator lasted one trip before it failed. At least this time it failed electrically and didn’t fall off. However, I’m sure it was still the vibration environment that did for it. Yet another email to Spares on Monday for another replacemt under warranty.
    I’m going to have to look into buying some after market ones as suggested by David 252 ☹

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.