Anyone else have an SR40?

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums CCM SR40 Anyone else have an SR40?

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hi,
    I love my SR40 and she’s going to be joined by a Maverick in the not too distant future. Been a bit of a wait – to say the least – but I’ve been told the built starts this June. My fingers and toes are both crossed. Can’t wait.

Welcome Tim
    The SR40s are becoming increasingly rare so definitely an appreciating classic.
    I’ve never ridden one however I know how much fun the Maverick is so you’ll definitely enjoy the new one for sure!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Thanks very much John for taking the time to find and post these items. The MCN rider couldn’t look more grumpy if he tried! Ha ha.

Would you be able to tell me how many were actually made? I’ve heard various numbers from 70 up to 95?

Only 15 registered now and 10 SORN.

Regards Tim

Hi Tim

Production was limited due to the apparent fact that the chap that built the metal tanks sadly passed away.

I’ve done a quick check and it looks like only 31 were ever made!

Tim

Blimey. Thanks John for finding out all this. Much appreciated.

My pleasure

Rossara

Hi Tim

I own a SR40 and love it. I first saw one in 2009 when trail riding in the Pecos de Europa in 2009 and then riding a DRZ400 it was an instant love affair. I searched for years never to find one, then in lock down 2020 I found one and on the 18th September I’m heading off to the Pecos de Europa trail riding on it.

I contacted CCM and have an email confirming how many were made (I think 79) and that mine was number 14. I am away at the moment but when home in a few days will post a copy of the email and picture of my pride and joy.

Kind regards
    Ross

Martin

I would like to introduce myself. I’m Martin and live in Dumfries and Galloway, have owned the Sr for about seven years now, we get along well , it’s my go to bike, having a Couple of Guzzi’s and a Harley,it’s light and easy on the back roads and forest tracks around Galloway.
    I know not a lot of these were built but seems to have been forgotten by the bike riding public and the Factory. Yes it’s getting on a bit and CCM is now a custom bobber manufacturer but this is retro at its best.

Mark H

Hi I’ve just bought an SR40 and using it to bounce around the back lanes of Devon. Just wondering where is the best place to pick up spares such as sprockets, chains, brake pads etc. and if there is any more technical data about the bike to there on the web. Thanks Mark

Nordy

I have a SR40 owned since new in 2010. Struggling for service as this is no longer supported by the factory. Local Suzuki dealer does not want to know. Currently have a problem with starting it. Any suggestions? I have a 2005 KTM Duke and you seem to be able to get anything for this and I even had a factory recall update done for free a few weeks ago that it had missed! Very different scenario.

Hi Tim and all

Dealing with an estate sale including an SR40 bought new and in good original condition. Happy if it went to an enthusiast. It’s in West London. Loud and fast and ULEZ exempt!

Regards to all David

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.