Any one got a Maverick yet?

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums Maverick Any one got a Maverick yet?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Bad news. I think I’m fated not to get my bike. My friend in Sheffield just phoned to say he’s got Covid. Now having to re-arrange delivery direct to me in London. Not sure how long that might be. I’m not a happy bunny.

SteveT

Tim, bad luck, Move are very good they say 5 to 7 working days but mine was here 24 hrs after pick up. At least you have a V5 once you get it I have to be content with visiting her in the garage a couple of times a day.

You’ll be OK Tim, the delivery guys are London based, so, like a one way trip, really nice guy delivered mine today and a very slick handover.

SteveT

Finally got registered and did the first ride https://youtu.be/rEIvzDIpMjo

Tim

Thanks Louis, that’s nice to know. It feeld a bit like Christmas Eve tonight. Santa’s on his way!

Tim

Hi Steve, so glad to see you on the road. Bugger – you beat me by one day! Ha ha!

P.S. That’s if all goes to plan tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

SteveT

My Grandson seems to like it, he said “its quiet” “there is nothing to hold on to”

Tim

Rhys has made me laugh. He looks a mean biker!

At last she’s arrived. All good. Slight cut/tear in the the saddle which Move notified to CCM despatch. They are good chaps aren’t they? See what happens next.
    Anyway – dead chuffed, dead pleased. Looks the business.
    Took her out for a half throttle, 50mph max, 107 mile jaunt through Herts. countryside. Big smile all the way. Can’t wait for the 500 mile service to open her up a bit more.

Just two issues to hopefully sort:

1. Clutch
    Boy is it stiff! Anyone else find this? TBH it became almost unusable towards the end of my ride. My wrist was in a lot of pain. Going to adjust the lever reach distance tomorrow and see if there’s any other adjustments I can make. Is this normal for a brand new clutch?
    Tips much appreciated – assume I’m a simpleton. You won’t be far wrong.
    Otherwise I’ll have to buy a Mr.Atlas wrist exerciser.

2. Saddle
    My bottom was hurting a bit. The saddle upholstery, lovely looking though it is, is not padded enough that’s for sure. Fine for a shorth jaunt but longish distances or multi-day touring will require more cushioning somehow.

The chap who did the Malle 5 day Alpine rally must have an arse made of cast iron!

Otherwise delighted! Fettling a bit more tomorrow morning then out again in afternoon. Can’t wait.

Tim

Smaller file size photo attached.

SteveT

Tim
    Looking good, clutch on mine is very light, the gearbox is so smooth mostly hardly needs the clutch. I had a problem with the saddle, took it off, and the cage nut was wrongly aligned so couldn’t put the saddle back on, CCM has lent me a black saddle while they fix mine. Agree on comfort but I do have a fat bum so will probably be ok.
    I am looking at handlebar risers (have ordered) to try and just take some weight off arms, I think at motorway speeds it would probably be ok but long slower rides might be a bit painful.
    Also looking at drilling holes in the rear mudguard for mounting a 360 camera on a pole.
    Took my granddaughter out this afternoon she was terrified, it’s the first time she hasn’t had a sissy bar or a top box behind her, she will have to get used to it.
    Steve

Tim

Children and grandchildren banned by my wife.

Hopefully I’ll sort the clutch out.

Handlebar risers? Couldn’t agree more! Could you let me know how you get on and what one’s you’ve ordered. I didn’t want to sound like a moaning minnie but I’m not used to leaning slightly forward on a bike. Much more a ‘sit up and beg’ type of chap.

PaulK

Yes Steve, like Tim I am interested to find out how you go with the riser. I find the standard position a little too low putting weight on wrists and also awkward for standing on the pegs for off road. The clutch is OK on mine, I have adjusted the reach and rotated the angle but find the bight point requires too close to the bar so have to use all fingers, not just two, otherwise they get squashed against the bar. The gear change is super smooth and a delight.

What tyre pressures should we use?

SteveT

Paul
    I did buy risers and fitted them seemed ok but on a close look at the picture realised that the 1″ risers were leaving a gap, so removed them. New risers on order should be here tomorrow if I am lucky. The higher position was better when I tested, will post pics and part number when I fit them, only problem is I couldnt get black anodised in the size which might look a bit strange but function over form.
    steve

Yozzer

Hi folks,
    Ordered mine in June, received in November. Unfortunately Mr Frost has arrived which has put paid to my plans. However, a Christmas Day ride will be a must. Anybody think the ride is a touch too firm? Also anybody attempted to remove the tank to access the battery to fit the optimate, if so any tips before do some damage.

Tim

Hi Yozzer,
    Glad to hear you’ve got your Maverick. There’s a petrol tank removal pdf somewhere on the forum.
    I also found the ride pretty firm to say the least. I am a lightweight mechanically but I kept winding the rear shock out several turns till it got softer. Took quite a few I can tell you. Played with the rebound a bit as well. Left to front forks as they looked a bit intimidating. Just make a note of what you’ve done so you can always undo your ‘adjustments’ ha! ha!
    Took quite a few turns I can tell you.
    At the first service CCM – lovely Ryan for me – will fiddle it a bit to suit you even better.
    My main issue that I’m trying to sort is the handlebars being so far away/low. My knuckles don’t drag along the ground! Approved riser kit and alternative bars being developed by CCM for the New Year-ish. Happy riding.
    Regards Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.