Any one got a Maverick yet?

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums Maverick Any one got a Maverick yet?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    SteveT

I have a registration number, have insured now awaiting PDI and logistics contact for delivery. Seems like its really happening.

Don’t forget to keep checking the DVLA site as even though the bike may arrive with you. it’s not road legal until it appears here

Is My Bike Taxed?

Tim

Getting closer Steve, getting closer.
    Got my V5 on 20th Sept and bike also showed on the DVLA website. No news as of yet but hopefully not too long now.
    I’ve seen mincepies in the shops already. A good sign that Christmas might come early for us both this year!

PS Big thanks to John for keeping our spirits up!

SteveT

So Tim you already have the V5 but are you waiting for PDI and Delivery? I was lead to believe PDI would happen this week. Still debating taking the trailer to Bolton to pick it up, especially if delivery will take a long time.

John yes thanks good that someone from CCM is listening

Tim

That’s correct Steve – got V5 form a while ago. CCM email said the bike was in for PDI and I should be ready end of last month; September. Hey ho October’s here and All’s Quiet on the Northern Front.
    Didn’t realise that delivery would take a while. Obvious now you mention it! I stupidly thought it would be pretty quick.
    If it is slow I have a back-up plan to stay at a friend’s house in Sheffield. Pillion to CCM and ride back together. Poodle about the Peak District for a couple of days then come home to North London.
    I’ve bought a ‘bike safe’ from Armadillo. It’s all installed, clean and box fresh. Just waiting for it’s new occupant.

SteveT

Well I got an email saying MVSA done and another email asking for my license which I replied, got the reg number and was told to watch DVLA site for registration complete. The first email said PDI likely be done this week and then logistics would contact me. Foolishly I chased up insurance bought and paid for it so my insurance is running and if we all progress at the same speed seems I have a while to wait yet.

PaulK

There are a couple of differnt accounts of what happens and when with Registraton at DVLA here and I have another which makes it all even more confusing. Althopugh my bike was built early September, and as far as I know the MVSA was completed around that time, it was not PDI’d because of the side stand issue. I was asked for personal ID stuff for the registration and payment early September as well so assumed as soon as the side stand issue was resolved and fitted it would be PDI’d and I could collect and ride it on the road. Wrong, when I was finally given a date when my bike would be PDI’d I checked with Jacqui and was told that the registration had not been sent to DVLA and wouldn’t be until the PDI was complete, this was the process. So even though the bike would be PDI’d within days and ready for collection/delivery I would have to wait again for DVLA to do their thing which could take-up to 14 day (typically). I did ask for Jacqui to send off the registration forms at that point to at leaset get the process under way, which she did, but even though I collected my bike yesterday (5th Oct) it is sitting in my garage now until DVLA register it. But, I do actually have my bike and I’m happy.

John, apart from the lack of any proactive communicaton with your paying customer’s, which we have all been very frustrated with, it seems the information we have individualy been given along the way has not been reliable. I appreciate the nature of what you are building makes it harder to give guaranteed dates for bike builds and delivery but surely you can do better than being 5,6 or 7 months out. Then having to wait another few weeks for DVL registration after the bike has been delivered.

Having said that I am glad to have my bike now and am looking forward to actually riding it.

Paul

Brew

I collected mine from the factory on Tuesday, checked on the DVLA website and it was registered on 30th Sept, result! Insured it yesterday (£95 at Hastings Direct with no ‘no claims’ bonus, and out for a ride in the sunshine today.
    Whilst collecting the bike we were given a factory tour and there are a number of Mavericks waiting the MVSA test and another bunch in the finishing dept. so hopefully your wait will not be too long.

SteveT

That encouraging Brew.

Tim

Got this reply following an email:
    “Your bike should be signed off by the end of the week”. Be still, be still my beating heart.

SteveT

That’s good Tim, I am still checking DVLA (even more because I managed to pick up covid, which should be clear soon) and bought a heated jacket today so I can get out regardless of the temp. Even had a nightmare last night where I arrived to pick up my bike and they had forgotten to make mine an Infinity!!! Guess I need to get a life.

Tim

Snap! I’ve checked my order so many times. Still worried it’ll be wrong!

Tim

Whoa! Just had email from Paul at CCM Logistics – my bike is ready!
    Can’t believe it TBH. Blimey – bit flummoxed now and all of a dither. Need to sort out delivery/collection.

They’re using a 3rd party delivery company now. Cost to deliver to North London is now being quoted as £252 inc VAT

Need to give this some thought now.

Mike

Hi Tim, I took up CCM’s offer of the 3rd party delivery, Andy from Move contacted me and Tony delivered it, two great guys that I would definitely use again without hesitation, Mike.

Tim

It’s really good to hear your feedback on this Mike. Very helpful; thanks very much.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.