Any one got a Maverick yet?

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums Maverick Any one got a Maverick yet?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Tim

You lucky boy Jon! Hope the weather stays OK for you to get out & about.

Do you have to run it in at all? What was the hand-over drill like?

Kind regards

Tim

Hi Tim
    we recommend running the Mavericks in for the first 500 miles – this involves avoiding full bore throttle use, limiting revs to 4000rpm, and maintaining a range of engine speeds therefore avoiding prolonged periods sat at one speed on a motorway for example.
    Regards
    John

Tim

Thanks very much John that’s really helpful. My plan of train/cab up and coming back from CCM to North London, via a chum in Sheffield, all on A roads seems a good one. Thanks again Tim

PaulK

Tim, I was planning to do something similar but having been told last week my bike would be PDI’d on Tuesday 27th I called yesterday to check. Guess what…. No it wasn’t going to be PDI’d, it was still on the list but should be done by end of the week. OK, I thought, dissapointing but I could collect it Friday maybe and ride back. Then I checked on the registration so I could get insurance sorted out and found out the bike had not been registered yet, even though I been asked for my details several weeks ago. Having checked with Jacqui at CCM she informed me the bikes were not registered until they had completed PDI and once she sends off the details to DVLA it could take two weeks. So, even though the bike was built about 4 weeks ago, I paid the balance then, the bike should be ready for collection this week I still could not ride it on the road until the registration was complete. What a complete #### dissapointment, one delay after another. If only I had known last year I would have bought one second hand and have enjoyed it all through this hot summer.

Hi PaulK
    I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment with the delay of your bike.
    I can’t comment on why the MSVA process was delayed however this is a critical process that will impact on the registration of your bike.
    As the bikes are not internationally homologated, the SVA process allows motor manufacturers to build low volume cars, bikes, coaches. hearses, ambulances etc and they can be certified on an individual basis.
    What this means to our customers is that we cannot request registration until we are in receipt of the MSVA certificate which must accompany the registration forms when applying to the DVLA. It is a manual paper process which can take 7-14 days generally speaking before the bike appears on the ANPR database.
    Hopefully it won’t be too much longer now before you can enjoy some time on your new bike.

SteveT

Oh dear, I will have to stop looking here every day hoping to get some news, no reply to my last email a week ago. Supposedly my bike was being built on the 12th but nothing heard yet. It would be so much less frustrating if they just kept us informed I wish I thought they were all working so hard they don’t have time to email. It’s hard to recommend the process to anyone.

Tim

I typed up a lengthy rant about all this, then deleted it. Not good for my wellbeing.
    Seeing adverts of Dougie Lampkin going through puddles having fun on his Maverick or Mark Goulding on his doing the Malle Mountain Rally doesn’t help either.
    The latest CCM facebook advert? “Happiness is a Maverick and the freedom of the open road”.

martin G10

Hi, Tim or Tim
    Both those bikes are the property of CCM, nice work if you can get it , I ordered and paid for a Six a hole year before it was built , it’s tough when bikes are going up for private sale when your waiting for yours , on the bright side my bike is two years old and still draws a crowd.
    regards martin

Hi Tim
    We understand your frustrations and we’re not in the business to disappoint people – its not good for business- we want to create bikes that bring joy and as the ad says happiness.
    Mark used our development bike for the Malle Mile as he is waiting for his Street Tracker and he’s already booked these events to do on his bike, and Dougie was on one of our demo bikes which we used to make a new promotional film.
    You must understand that we have to market our products whether it be in an advert or in social media posts otherwise we wont have a business and customers definitely wong get their bikes.
    We are well into Maverick production now so the waiting will come to an end soon.
    Thanks for your continued patience.
    John

Hi Steve
    We agree that it isn’t ideal. Communication is poor however we have taken measures to improve it taking the business from archaic spreadsheets to a new business management software that will improve on the teas ability to forecast accurately when bikes will be built and subsequently delivered.
    It probably won’t help you in the short term but it will improve things for our customers soon.

Tim

“a new business management software will improve on the teas”
    I didn’t think Lancashire tea was that bad John? Ha ha!

Not according to Yorkshire folk! 😉

SteveT

Hope springs eternal, reorganized garage ready to accommodate a third motorcycle. Hope I haven’t jinxed it. No updates received.

SteveT

Well clearing the garage must have been the right thing to do because I got an email requesting address details for registration, so hopefully will soon have my bike. 😉

Great news! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.