Any one got a Maverick yet?

Great British Handcrafted Motorcycles Forums Maverick Any one got a Maverick yet?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hi,
    Has anyone got a Maverick yet? I’ve been informed my build will start in June. I can’t wait. Bit silly but I’m getting excited already. It’s been a while since my order was placed but I’m sure it’s worth the wait!
    Any tips on general things to look out for when I get my hands on one would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Tim

Hi,

Someone must surely have one by now?

Does anyone know anything in the slightest about a build timetable?

SteveT

Hi,
    I sent an email end of last week and was told on Monday my Maverick would be going down line within next 4 weeks but waiting for the first payment to be requested so we shall see.
    rgds steve

I wouldn’t count on it, I’m still waiting on my Six which I believe was in the round of builds before mavericks. I was originally told mine would be started in April/May. I paid up fully in April. Think you are going to be waiting a while. It’s a very slow process. Have you emailed the salesperson you dealt with for an update ? Hope you have more patience than me

SteveT

Hi
    My email was to the salesperson I dealt with we shall see. Hoping for some nice Autumn/Winter days.
    Its a pity that CCM management don’t understand the need to keep the customers they have informed as well as chasing new ones we are the people who have put our money in the game.
    rgds steve

dwillett1521

I am still waiting for my Maverick – I was told that it was going into build week commencing 18th July – Which is today – Will be virtually a year of waiting

Tim

Nearly there, nearly there!
    My one year anniversay from order will be 25th August so a little while for me to wait yet.
    Knowing the progress of your order at CCM relies completely on rumour and members forum posts so keep us posted!
    Can’t wait to hear when you actually get your hands on a Maverick. Lucky boy.

Regards
    Tim

PaulK

Just seen a Twitter “tweet” dated last Friday celebrating the first batch of Mavericks off the production line with a picture of several bikes lined up.
    When I last checked with Billy Clewes on 20th June, he told me the production was about 4 weeks late starting and reasured me my bike would be built late July/early August so they have started. Keeping my fingers crossed I’ll get a call soon.

Paul

Tim

Thanks Paul,

I was beginning to think I’d been sold a unicorn!

Tim

Image of tweet Paul mentioned.

First bikes going out tomorrow

Tim

Thanks Paul,

This is great news. Thanks for posting this. Very much appreciated. Can’t be long now.

I have good friend who believes that delayed gratification is much better than just getting something immediately. He’d make the perfect CCM customer!

Anyway, there is a little what he says. I have – sort of – enjoyed the anticipation but glad it might be over soon(ish). Wouldn’t have minded the wait it’s the not being kept informed that was the kicker.

FYI – We are in the process of implementing a new customer relationship system which will ultimately improve our channels of communication.

The company has grown exponentially however systems failed to keep pace until the new investment has allowed us to play catch up.

We apologise for the less than satisfying levels of contact and we’re glad to have remained patient. Thank you.

SteveT

Hi CCM,
    If you are looking to get some communication going then can I make some suggestions.
    The key principle should, in my opinion, be completely open communication, I do understand there may be a bit of commercial sensitivity which you will need to consider but we the owners or soon to be owners are largely your friends and supporters.
    So how about publishing the production schedule once a week, it will change and would require comments to explain issues. You could even consider showing each bike on the plan and letting the customer know which reference is theirs.
    If you have supply issues or other delays just publish them, having this information will stop us from imagining what is happening and perhaps imagining much worse problems than there actually are. The News section would be a good place, you may find it will reduce the requests from people like me asking for updates, there is of course a risk that if you give more information you might get follow up questions but a healthy discussion here could be the go to place for follow ups.
    It will mean someone spending time on this but given that you have worked hard to win orders and deposits it would seem sensible to spend some time retaining customers (you will be aware of the cancellation rate if any). The word of mouth with current situation is quite negative and word of mouth is a powerful but difficult to measure tool.
    Not sure if it was only me that didn’t know but at the most basic level changes of ownership changes to T&C/Contracts need to be announced in the News section, holding back just allows rumors to develop and this degrades confidence which is critical when committing our hard earned cash to these purchases.
    Just a few thoughts Steve

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Steve, which I, in tourm, will feedback to the stakeholders at CCM.

We want and need to get better at this and we recognise that communicating needs to improve.

Watch this space.

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.