A date for my calendar !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    peteproud

Had a phone call from Craig today with a build date for my Foggy S.
    Just a case of marking the days off and hoping that the sun will still be shining !

davo

nice one
    what is your build date ?

peteproud

Semptember 🙃

peteproud

Spoke with Craig today and have added some more goodies to my bike.
    Just a case of waiting and hoping the weather will still be on my side,or sitting in the workshop admiring the stunning lines of the “beastie”

mattninja

What are you guys doing about frame colour?

I was assured twice I could have the clear coated frame but this appears to not be the case.

peteproud

Hi John
    Can you advise on the build date for the Foogy S ?
    It seems to have gone very quiet regarding this from you guys.

mattninja

Been trying to get an update on mine without much joy…

Dixie

Same Here. Received and email from John D early October promising final pictures for my Foggy Stealth at the end of that week. I replied by email a month later asking for the pictures or an update from him and to-date I have had no reply. In theory from what little I have been told about my order, it might be being built now, but they only had 90% of the parts a few weeks ago when it should have started and I still have no idea what the final look and spec has been decided upon!

I put this lack of communication down to Lockdown from my experience purchasing a Bobber earlier in the year but now realise it is just the way CCM treat customers. It is not all bad, service dept is great ( Ben was fantastic ) and parts dept is efficient and helpful. The bike I love to bits. It just isn’t a great experience buying one new.

peteproud

I also wad promised updated pictures and never received any.
    In the end, I had to go to the Carl Fogarty facebook pages to find new style handlebar fairing that had superseded the original one that was displayed at the NEC 2019.

mattninja

I was assured the fairing on the latest Foggy video isn’t the final version…which I’m glad about as I thought it looked awful compared to the original!

peteproud

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who prefers the original fairing.
    Would be much better if you could choose which one you liked !!
    Then you really could “ create your individuality “

peteproud

Mattninja
    When were you told about the fairing, it seems to have gone very quiet from the factory !!

mattninja

I did ask if I could have the original one, but I was told by Ben back in October the final product is different to that in Foggys video.

What have you guys been told about frame colour? Earlier in the year when I paid a further deposit I was assured I could have an original clear coat frame.
    However, they’ve now gone back on that promise and tell me it I have to have a colour one.

peteproud

I have chosen Misty Lava frame colour.
    With regards to the fairing, I was told that the original one was only 3d printed and not suitable for the finished bike.
    I know that the world is a different place from 12 months ago when I ordered at the NEC and the small print says that they have the right to change, but I am sensing that maybe they should offer a choice of fairings. Either like the show bike with a clear screen or with a solid “screen”.
    I am not sure that I like the idea of spending my hard earned money on a bike that is, as far as I am concerned, different from what I saw, liked and ordered at the show. It has crossed my mind that maybe I should possibly change my mind and cancel my order.

mattninja

Lots of changes, expensive stuff now not happening…

HEL callipers with the Foggy logo, K-Tech suspension, Austin racing exhaust all not in the finished spec.

Don’t get me wrong, you have now got the lightweight wheels and Brembo brakes. But the stock suspension isn’t a patch on K-Tech.

For me the biggest thing is the fairing though, fundamentally changes the look of the bike IMHO!

Let’s hope we get good news soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.