Reply To: When was the last CCM motorcycle built.

Evening all – in an effort to let people know my journey and hopefully help to make CCM’s comms better here is the timeline of my order/build and thoughts on what could have maybe been done better?

9th Aug 21 Order placed for Spitfire Bobber
6th Dec 21 was promised as my build date slot, however when I spoke to the guys on the stand at the show in Birmingham on the 10th Dec 21, it had not been started and I think if I had not spoken to them I would not have been informed of this
11th Jan 22 was informed that my bike was with the finishing team on the 12th Jan 21
24th Jan 22 receive an email regarding registration and most customers waiting till the 22 plates (declined this)
18th Feb 22 Took delivery of the bike

Now, I appreciate that getting hold of parts has been (and is) challenging – I work in IT and we are still looking at 365+ day lead time on some items and I have not tried to run a business that builds awesome motorcycles, but here are a few things I think CCM could do better:

* I always had to chase to get an update (other than once) – there should be some form of portal customers can log on to to see the progress of their bike
* Give updates, even if its bad news, delays or nothing has changed – we like to know something is happening for our money
* Be honest at the time of order that the usual lead time is 6 months (or more) – don’t sugar coat it – we are all grown-ups! (Ok, not really but you know what I mean)
* Explain how the communication is going to work at the point of order so we know what to expect – and stick to it
* Answer questions sent in emails, even if that answer is “I don’t know, let me get someone to get back to you” – and then make sure someone does get back

When the bike did arrive all of the parts I had ordered were present and fitted and the general impression was Wow – she’s so pretty! The end product is amazing!

Delivery and hand-over were great, arriving when advised and even calling 30 mins before getting to mine, lots of info on the bike and how to look after her and some good general bike chat too!

Hope that helps some people – now I need some less stormy weather so I can enjoy riding the thing and get random people asking me questions!